« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- Firefox 3.6.20's code freeze is in 1 week (Monday, 2011-08-01)
- Note that non-blocking bugs had to land by yesterday
- Offered a refreshed version of Beta yesterday
- Final beta / RC will be built next week
- If you find a bad issue on mozilla-central that also affects mozilla-beta please email release drivers
- Reminder: Source code migration from mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora is on 2011-08-16. That's in 3 weeks folks
- The Jetpack team is now a part of the Firefox team, woohoo!
Firefox Developer Tools
- Web Console has moved from toolkit/ to browser/devtools, We have a module now.
- bug 673148 tracking Web Console electrolysis work.
- Bug List for Q3 Work
- Mobile startup shrink effort has begun
- First meeting was last Thursday, no current plans for next
- Join us on #startup if you have ideas or want to contribute!
- jsdbg2 (new JS debugging API) is landing soon (see bug 672829)
- About 1.5 weeks from having move plugins to content ready to review
- Josh in Mountain View this week
- New DOM Worker JS bindings (plus a bunch of goodies) landed, no more xpconnect in worker threads (bent)
- Trunk stability is pretty good
- Still some old crashes appearing in older builds
- Bug 671916 - new linux crash regression. #5 in overall crashes on the trunk in the past week.
- Bug 673977 - increase in this signature on the trunk that we think is related to the GC instrumentation patch we checked in.
- New signature appeared yesterday nsRefPtr<nsXPCClassInfo>::~nsRefPtr<nsXPCClassInfo>() | nsCycleCollectingAutoRefCnt::decr(nsISupports*) - still needs to be logged.
- 10.7 related crashes
- Bug 670842 - is our top Lion specific crash and has been rising steadily since 10.7 was released.
- Increased feedback reports - "app is crashier for 6.0 than 5.0"
- We looked into this and found a measurable increase in Flash related hangs - Bug 618683
- No clear site correlations but many of the comments mention youtube.
- Some analysis pinpoint the regression to a period back in May but we are still trying to solidify this.
- When we moved to beta, this hang really spiked ie: 1400 a day with 1 million users (5.0 has about 400 a day with 60 million users).
- top crash we were tracking Bug 671960 was just fixed.
- Bug 672287 - Get symbols for libc for most common Android installs
- Bug 672564 - Get symbols for libc for our tegras in test automation
- App demo next week