- 1 Notices / Schedule
- 2 Firefox Development
- 3 Firefox Developer Tools
- 4 Performance
- 5 GFX
- 6 JS
- 7 Layout
- 8 DOM
- 9 WebAPI
- 10 Network
- 11 Plugins
- 12 Mobile
- 13 Accessibility
- 14 Multi-Process
- 15 Tree Management
- 16 Security
- 17 Stability Report
- 18 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- We shipped Firefox 6!
- They sent us a cake
- Migration day is going smoothly so far, still ongoing at time of meeting
- aurora->beta migration complete
- central->aurora migration underway, using http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/41b84b87c816 as the migration changeset (current tip)
- Paul O'Shannessy landed some pref UI to expose a "load tabs on demand" (AKA bartab) pref for sessionrestore (bug 648683)
- Margaret landed a new blank tab icon (created by Stephen Horlander) (bug 648668)
- Ongoing e10s work:
Firefox Developer Tools
- Telemetry will soon be opt-out (rather than opt-in) on development channels.
- To opt out in automated-testing profiles, set toolkit.telemetry.enabled = false
- The Cairo update looks like it's going to stick despite the regressions, mostly due to the benefits mobile got from it. Please let us know if that's a bad choice.
- bug 660264 - Tp4 regression due to D3D9-accelerated layers - we're still working through the issues here, but we believe that this doesn't actually affect users. Please see that bug for more discussion.
- For more details, see this week's graphics meeting notes.
- Landed William's patch to add File, Blob and FileReaderSync support to workers. This means that pages and addons can read files off the main thread. bug 664783
- Steve Workman has joined the networking group full-time, working out of Mountain View. Steve comes from Cisco.
- Work on SPDY support coming along. Patrick McManus has posted two discussions to mozilla.dev.tech.network:
- Jim Chen (badass intern!) found the cause of long standing Tegra crash bug bug 662936 while running many of the Talos tests.
- Master Password landed
- Planned tree closure today for network work
- Currently having unplanned tree closure due to tinderbox backlog bug 676822
- Can try using http://tbpl.allizom.org/?usebuildbot=1 as an alternative
- IT is currently shuffling storage around to try and get us on faster spindles
- Other options we're looking at:
- delete data from old builds (especially try builds) - reduces volume to migrate
- cut some trees and setup separate tinderbox instance for some branches on separate dedicated RelEng machines
- stop sending emails for certain branches - disruptive to developers. try ?
- extended downtime to speed up the migration of data
- wait for webdev/IT to get new TBPL to be deployed (will take a long time!)
- last meeting was with/laura, IT on friday; code already sec-reviewed.
- mongodb deployment worries
- more time to revisit after today(tuesday) releases - bunch of work blocking ship FF6.0.
Reminder: Changes to scheduling reviews (dev-planning): https://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/d8299dd16187909/2e709b73eca89ae9?lnk=gst&q=koenig#2e709b73eca89ae9
Items marked as sec-review-needed: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Radar#Review_Needed
Schedule and review/discussion questions can be directed to curtisk.
- Socorro 2.2 released over the weekend.
- Top crashes and crashes per user now split between individual Betas and Release.
- A couple of data query issues introduced: Bug 679182 and Bug 679229.
- Bugs are fixed in staging but no ETA on deployment to production.
- Update: deployed this morning [laura]
- Trunk is a bit unstable - 4.0 crashes per 100 ADU.
- A number of crash regressions on 8.0 - looks as though many of these will be promoted to Aurora so we will be tracking them.
- Bug 679030
- Bug 679035
- Bug 678181 - Causing a number of Font crash signatures. Backed out the patches for Bug 668813 - Need a couple more days to figure out if got rid of all the crashes.
- Spike in old signature which looks related to a certificate change Bug 678710
- Bug 677273
Aurora & Beta
- On top of 7.0 issues.
- Better data after 7.0b1 goes out.
- Shockwave issue emerging across all versions Bug 679148
- Added a new keyword[needs-URLs] to indicate that we need to run a query to see if there is any site correlations to crashes. The crash team can query on this and make sure we have reports for these bugs.
- Bug 679065 - Some Fennec 6.0b6 topcrash signatures return an empty report list
- Still missing sympbols for a number of crashes (no signatures). There is an open bug on this Bug 644510
- discuss use of purify/sm-purify01 and disposition of license and hardware. /bc
- Hiring a power measurement engineer: if you know of someone, please link them to the job posting and encourage them to apply.