Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Notices / Schedule
- 2 Firefox Development
- 3 Firefox Developer Tools
- 4 Performance
- 5 GFX
- 6 JS
- 7 Layout
- 8 Video
- 9 DOM
- 10 WebAPI
- 11 Network
- 12 Plugins
- 13 Mobile
- 14 Accessibility
- 15 Multi-Process
- 16 Tree Management
- 17 Security
- 18 Stability Report
- 19 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- Source migration is in 2 weeks
- If you fixed a security bug for Firefox 8 you will be contacted today about backporting to 3.6.24
- Please backport ASAP
Firefox Developer Tools
- Update on accelerated layers for Mobile - still needed in the new model?
- Waiting on some experimental results from pcwalton on possible simple OpenGL acceleration
- Azure-Thebes wrapper basically working.
- (smontagu, bug 613149) - Support HTML5 bdi element and CSS property unicode-bidi: isolate
- (jkew, bug 671297) - Add memory reporters for textruns and associated data
- (dbaron, bug 627842) - Allow minimum font size based on size of frame (Mobile Readability)
- (dholbert, bug 696253) - Add support for parsing/computing properties for CSS Flexbox
- (tnikkel, bug 655263) - remove views from decks
- Fullscreen spec being revised (see WHATWG list); not major changes
- Ralph Giles working on WebVTT
- Lots of progress in IndexedDB. New Version API landed. DeleteDatabase is mostly done. Key-handling rewritten in preparation for arrays-as-keys.
- Files in IndexedDB will go up for review this week. Some minor issues still outstanding.
- Battery API is up for review.
- Vibrator API has patch up for review though will e10s issues.
- SPDY is ready to land (pref'd off) once we have landed NPN support for NSS. This should happen soon, hopefully within the next week.
- We are making progress on a version of the existing disk cache for mobile. Talk to Nick Hurley if you have any questions.
- Steve Workman has been and will be focusing on DNS-related bugs and optimizations for a while.
- We now have desktop parity random orange
- All unstarred mobile oranges should should be treated the same as desktop
- To get here we had to disable two test suite subsets (J1 and R2)
- see 
- bug 694499 landed on mozilla-central which allows for android builds on OSX
- Native UI Update
- Summit last week
- Fennec Native component in bugzilla
- we have a task list. Working on P1s and P2s
- If you want to get involved, look at the P3s and P4s.
- Why are we doing all of this?!
- from 75mb RSS and 35mb RSS child (some shared) --> 65mb RSS
- startup from 6s to 200ms (awesome bar)
- Areas of concern for platform:
- cached queries
- high memory usage
- Network cache
- doesn't seem to be doing that it should be doing.
- investigation needed
- Summit last week
We are having a team meetup in Toronto from October 31 to November 4.
- Build available here to try out the latest e10s work care of Felipe
- Tegra testing pool is now at 130 devices (up from 80) which has had an amazing impact on android testing waittimes
- One new twig branch up for grabs! (4 new ones created in total, 3 already reserved); see ReleaseEngineering/DisposableProjectBranches
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Oct 24 / 10:00 PST||CSS 3D Transforms & bug 505115|
|Wed Oct 26 / 13:00 PST||Sync Push to Device|
|Fri Oct 28 / 10:00 PST||WebGL (review and revisit work from previous WebGL SecReviews)|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
Component crash breakdown
Another round of work on the component reports
- bug 696651 - top crash on the trunk - reproducible.
- bug 696806 - new regression on the trunk filed by Alice.
- bug 695505 - Firefox Crash @ js::PropertyCache
- bug 695524 - [10.7.2] crash FinderKit@0x78d87 FinderKit@0x7c438 FinderKit@0x78ec6
- bug 695151 - Firefox Crash [@ coreclr.dll@0xbaf32 ] (Silverlight)
- bug 695793 - crash orangetoolbar
- bug 696204 - crash skypeffcomponent
- bug 696449 - crash PL_DHashTableOperate (stack overflow from nsContainerFrame::RemoveFrame)
- bug 696457 - crash 2puabtn (Coupon Alert Toolbar)
- bug 695041 - crash in nsHtml5Tokenizer::stateLoop due to null backing array in strBuf (longStrBuf null also)
- bug 694974 - crash in mscorwks.dll with 100% correlation to IdVault.dll (White Sky IdVault / Comcast Constant Guard)
- bug 694968 - crash in libvoikko-1.dll
- bug 694966 - crash @ roboform@0x395ac1 (RoboForm 7.5.6)
- bug 694987 - [birch] change the buildid to be different from the nightly to distinguish it from the nightly crashes in Socorro
- Birch branch crash is listed in the nightly top 10 crash ( mozalloc_abort moz_xmalloc libxul.so@0x23268a )
- bug 691842 - Fennec 8.0b1 is showing no reports.
- bug 689778 - Some content crashes are not getting reported at all
- bug 689781 - Some content crashes will show in about:crashes but does not get sent to soccoro
- bug 692185 - Java crashes are not showing up in App Notes for Fennec Java Crashes
- Top Crash in Nightly (10.0):
- Top Crash in Release (7.0.1):
- Tracking to check for resolution: