« previous week | index | next week »
Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Notices / Schedule
- 2 Firefox Development
- 3 Firefox Developer Tools
- 4 Performance
- 5 GFX
- 6 JS
- 7 Layout
- 8 Video
- 9 DOM
- 10 WebAPI
- 11 Network
- 12 Plugins
- 13 Mobile
- 14 Accessibility
- 15 Multi-Process
- 16 Tree Management
- 17 Security
- 18 Stability Report
- 19 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- Source migration is 1 week away!
- Firefox 8 is pretty much done
- If you know of any outstanding issues, please email release drivers ASAP
- Firefox 3.6.24 is going to beta as soon as QA signs off
- Plan is to ship with Firefox 8 still, though it is at risk if anything is found on beta
- Blair McBride is working on the rather large task of making addons compatible by default (tracking in bug 692664)
- Dave Townsend is working on support for a "hotfix" addon that we could use to release minor fixes to the browser without a full release cycle (tracking in bug 694068, feature page @ Features/Desktop/Add-on_hotfix)
- The implementation of Background_Updates is nearly finished, will soon be ready for testing.
Firefox Developer Tools
- New orion build integrated.
- Breadcrumbs landed.
- Highlighter sidebar and rule view coming this week.
- We're looking for contributors to work on ECMAScript Harmony and other JS language evolution
Landed last week
- Timothy Nikkel: Bug 655263 - remove views from decks
Will likely land this week
- Scott Johnson: Bug 666446 - lots of animated gifs swamp us with paint events, updates to fix regressions
- Matt Woodrow: CSS 3D Transforms featured on hacks.mozilla.org: 
- Elika Etemad & L. David Baron: Currently attending W3C TPAC (Technical Plenary / Advisory Committee) meetings in Santa Clara. You can view IRC chat backchannel here: 
- Mats Palmgren: Submitted patches for review on selection bug 698237: Invalidate affected frames when a range in a selection is modified and bug 619273: Move the selection state bit from frames to content nodes.
- SPDY landing has been pushed back to Firefox 11. Will land it soon after tree opens for Firefox 11.
Security Reviews Scheduled for this week
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Oct 31 / 13:00 PST||BrowswerID API|
|Thu Nov 03 / 10:00 PST||WebBattery (Fennec) bug 678694|
|Fri Nov 04 / 10:00 PST||Flash for Android|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
Security Severity Ratings Changes
- new version of the severity ratings posted 31-Oct-2011
- New layout
- includes sections for bugzilla keyword & Feature Page Security Usage
- Ending the use of sg:crit? & sg:critical?
- Planning on trying to triage the crash list and clean up some of the old bugs, signatures we are no longer getting.
- Hangs - a few investigations into hang issues
- Tracking a possible regression - 2 new plugin hang signatures that appeared on Aug 8, 2011. The signatures appeared across all versions but seem to have more than doubled on 7.0.1 vs 6.0. Tracked by bug 561019
- Crash team analyzing some WinQual data to see what information that gives us.
- Kairo's flash hang reports shows a bit of an increase in numbers over the past few days - we are investigating - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/firefox.4plus.flashsummary.html
- Beta - looks good
- Aurora - crashes we are tracking - http://bit.ly/tEOsMq.
- Trunk - new regressions
- Firefox 7
- Third Party
- Working with White Sky to resolve the Comcast Constant Guard Crash Issue. See bug 694974 for most recent spike.
- Working with F Secure to resolve hang issue - see bug 694683
- Detailed report for this week - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_31Oct2011
- bug 694987 - isolate the Birch crashes from Nightly.
- Top Crash in Nightly (10.0):
- bug 694964 crash [@ gfxSharedImageSurface::Open]
- bug 536074 - Crash [@ JS_ResumeRequest ]/ bug 696386 Crash on Quit [@ JS_ResumeRequest]
- Dmandalin looking at this...
- Crash Reports for mozalloc_abort __swrite / mozalloc_abort pthread_mutex_unlock need better skiplist filter
- [NEW] bug 621446 Crash [@ mozilla::net::HttpChannelParent::RecvRedirect2Verify ]
- Top Crash in Release (7.0.1):
- bug 661158 Crash on mobile SMP devices while sending PRNetAddr over IPDL [@ Pickle::ReadBytes]
- bug 622992 Fennec crash in base::CloseSuperfluousFds at startup
- resolved in nightly; getting pushed to aurora, but not beta
- bug 687367 - Bionic domain name functions are not thread-safe on pre-3.0 Android
- bug 687367 only fixed on nightly ; side bug still exists : bug 694325 Android DNS is single threaded
Still no progress on:
- bug 625989 Support tabs in title bar on Mac OS X
- bug 590945 Implement the rest of the window frame in XUL
These are blocking the new theme, and we need to find a way to unstick them.