Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Notices / Schedule
- 2 Firefox Development
- 3 Firefox Developer Tools
- 4 Performance
- 5 GFX
- 6 JS
- 7 Layout
- 8 Video
- 9 DOM
- 10 WebAPI
- 11 Network
- 12 Plugins
- 13 Mobile
- 14 Accessibility
- 15 Multi-Process
- 16 Tree Management
- 17 Security
- 18 Stability Report
- 19 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- Firefox 8 was just released!
- Firefox 3.6.24 is being released right now
- The mozilla-central source migration is done
- The final changeset on m-c for Firefox 10 is http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/54bfd8bf682e
- Trunk is now Firefox 11
- Any backouts/fixes that need to land on mozilla-aurora for Firefox 10, please nominate
- mozilla-aurora and mozilla-beta are closed while Christian finishes up the migrations
- DOM fullscreen API (including Firefox front-end support) enabled on trunk (bug 700151)
- zpao and dietrich have patches that help reduce hangs caused by sessionstore state serialization (bug 698565)
- "Set up Sync" and "Add a device" links added to about:home (bug 675821)
- Silent Update
- Removal of OS security dialog for Windows could not land before the cut over. We're discussing whether to include this feature in Firefox 10.
- A number of changes have landed for Add-ons Default to Compatible. Still on track for Firefox 10.
- Background updates implementation almost complete, working on more automated tests.
Firefox Developer Tools
- Landings this week:
- Style Inspector UI refresh and perf improvements
- CSS Rule View
- Style Sidebar
- Scratchpad session restore
- readability (font size inflation, bug 627842) close but not landed yet (close to addressing review comments and test failures; still need to check performance test results)
- Fullscreen API enabled for FF10! (cpearce)
- IndexedDB coming along great. Over half of outstanding bugs fixed
- File support is nearing done, but needs review
- Camera for desktop needs build-love on windows
- Battery landed
- Changing the UA String on mobile. Please see the platform newsgroup .
- Making progress on p0/p1/p2. Working toward test day on Friday.
- Landing plan and roadmap being worked on. Should have it for general review this week.
- planning to land async panning and zooming patches today ("pcwalton's patch queue"). There will be regressions from this that we need to work through
- working on the privacy and security review for the places replacement system on android.
- As discussed last week, e10s has been put on hold to focus on other responsiveness projects with shorter timelines. 
- OSX test machine updates
- Rev4 Lion (10.7) test machines in production, and un-hidden in most places
- Will be shutting off Rev3 OSX machines soon bug 683734
- If you notice any test failures specific to the Rev4 machines, please let releng/jhford know!
- New high-water mark yesterday: 23,822 test jobs yesterday.
|Date / Time||Item|
|Wed Oct 09 / 13:00 PST||Navigation Timing API|
|Thu Nov 10 / 10:00 PST||bug 661877 Enable storing files in IndexedDB|
|Fri Nov 11 / 10:00 PST||Android System Storage|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
- Curtis Koenig: EU MozCamp 2011
- JP has members of his team attending the crashkill weekly meetings Mon 10:00am PT. Gives us an opportunity to review specific crashes, get them assigned and triaged. Covering both Desktop and Mobile.
- Encourage others to do this. If you let us know by Friday if you will be attending, we can pull together relevant items for discussion.
- Discussed big items scheduled to land in the Firefox 11 cycle.
- Using component reports
- Component reports for any given date available at - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser
- Bugs we are tracking
- bug 700288 - crash in mozilla::gfx::BaseRect - something new that appeared on b6, not in super high volume but a new regression.
- Nightly regressions with js debugger bug 700311 and bug 700302
- bug 700364 Spike in flash issues with 188.8.131.52. Affecting Win XP users and was served as an automatic update to users running the labs.adobe.com version.
- bug 700732 Small volume crash in mozilla::layers::SurfaceToTexture
- Component Report Bugs Filed:
- Working on a home page for tracking Fennec Native crashes - dashboard of queries.
- Will be triaging all crashes on a weekly basis.
- Naoki's report for this week - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_07Nov2011
- Report done by component
- bugs are whiteboard tagged [native-crash] and [mobile-crash]
- Quit was temporarily removed bug 699442 due to the crashing; reimplemented 11/7/2011
- jdm reported and fixed a bug over the weekend - bug 700124
- Fixed - bug 694984 - Change the buildid to be different from the nightly to distinguish it from the nightly crashes in Socorro. Using manual report to track crashes - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/2011-11-05/2011-11-05.fennec.nightly-birch.components.weekly.html.
- Question: what should we do with bugs that aren't complete such as bug 700192 and flash and libc.so@0x11f0c crashes?
- Since this call began, we have also shipped 3.6.24!
REMEMBER: This is the last call for the 8605 conference line. As of next week, use the vidyo dial in listed in the notes