Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
Notices / Schedule
- We've rolled an 8.0.1 with bug 699134 and bug 700835, which is currently caught up in QA due to issues found related to Silverlight and RF
- Our hope is to release 8.0.1 today, if we can iron out the issues
- Masatoshi Kimura has done excellent work fixing multiple URL bar issues (minor issues with protocol trimming, and longstanding character encoding issue particularly relevant to Japanese users), (bug 700566, bug 472669, bug 461304)
- As a followup to the meeting we had a couple of weeks ago about improving responsiveness by eliminating main-thread IO, Dietrich, Marco and others have been doing great work tracking down the various guilty parties and finding people to fix them them. Work for the Storage API in particular is tracked in bug 699820, and Marco has a nice livemarks rewrite in bug 613588.
- Silent Updates
- Brian Working to land Windows UAC service this week.
- Background updates: implementation finished, ready for testing. Started to work with incorporating Brian Bondy's work to eliminate UAC dialogs.
- Add-ons default to compatible fixes up for Aurora approval to land this week. Good work Blair.
- UI is being fixed in Firefox 9 (beta) by Taras and Gavin. One change left to approve.
- Will move to enabled by default on Nightly and Aurora.
Firefox Developer Tools
- Firefox 8 - Shipped with Highlighter enabled. Creating a relnote to ship with 8.0.1 to send developers to Aurora 10 with the enhanced hotness.
- GC write barriers have landed
- This is needed infrastructure for incremental GC
- So incremental GC is coming soon
- We could use help finding sites to test--sites that are hurt by GC pauses or other sites that do a lot of GC--please send to dmandelin or billm. They can also be posted in bug 702495.
- Tracer removal will likely land this week
- layout and graphics teams in Auckland working on performance
- font size inflation (bug 627842, readability) landed and bounced (misread the try server results that weren't showing up on tbpl). Hopefully will reland soon.
- Lots going on with WebRTC & OPUS at IETF in Taiwan this week.
- Nothing new to report.
- Able to access and dial phone from chrome-JS. Not a DOM API yet.
- Battery done
- IndexedDB: A few more API fixes. Lots of performance improvements.
- First case conductor test for battery checked in.
- Automated battery tests using qemu. (Far from landing though)
- Camera UI getting closer.
- Beginning to land parts of the birch project twig back on to mozilla-central. No immediate plan to discard birch.
- Flash improvements landed on birch this morning. Tomorrows nightly should have some goodness.
- Patrick Walton's (and chris lord's, and Kats's) panning and zooming code has landed on Birch. Team working on regressions.
- Note that FF mobile is now configured to build with a11y. Instantiated when TalkBack is on. Work progressing.
- Will need brief tree closure on Thursday for mobile native UI work. Details coming soon.
- Current plan is to turn on the new android build types prior to code landing on m-c, so there will be burning until new code lands.
- Currently have 110 tegras running tests; after 8.0.1 is out the door will enable another 38. Current wait times are looking good (98% test jobs started in 0-14 minutes), but we'll continue to monitor.
|Date / Time||Item|
|Wed Nov 16 / 13:00 PST||Add-On Sync|
|Thu Nov 17 / 10:00 PST||Remote Debugging|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
- 63 new crashes logged in Core, Toolkit, Firefox in the past week (both desktop and mobile)
- 11 new crashes logged for Fennec Native in the past week
- bug 691847 - Bug with Windows Restore still high ~21000 in the last 24 hrs.
- Hang monitor (bug 429592) is close to landing, two issues remain where our existing Talos tests are triggering the hang detector, in one case probably because the slow script dialog is disabled.
- Triaging all the desktop crash regressions - http://bit.ly/sOvf6j.
- New regressions
- bug 701396 - JSC::Yarr::Interpreter::interpret. Top crash on the trunk. A couple of people have gotten it internally. Needs to be assigned.
- bug 701399 - JSC::Yarr::execute. #2 crash on the trunk.
- bug 702352 - js::detail::RegExpPrivate::decref. Might be related to the Yarr issues.
- bug 700288 - mozilla::gfx::BaseRect. Might be a layout issue. Regression appeared in 8.0b6. Shows up in 8, 9 and 10.
- bug 700732 - Appeared in 10a1. Marcia provided a possible regression range.
- bug 701425 - Only appears on 9.0 starting with build id 20111105042036. Might be correlated to Norton 360(?). Top crash on 9.0b1.
- 3rd party issues
- bug 700369 - Seems to be related to Internet Download Manager
- bug 700371 - Appears in 8.0 and other versions. Seems to be correlated to Free Download Manager
- bug 700493 - Seems to be correlated to Yandex Bar.
- bug 700572 - Something Bob Clary found - seems to be related to Flash 126.96.36.199. Only appearing on nightly (now Aurora) but not on other branches.
- bug 701946 - McAfee Site Advisor
- bug 702040, bug 702041 and bug 702042 - New spikes on 8.0 - looks like they might be malware related.
- Firebug related issues logged last week
- Creating a home page for tracking Native UI stability issues - https://wiki.mozilla.org/CrashKill/NativeUICrashes
- Will be adding graphs, reports on incoming and fixed crashes.
- Naoki working on criteria for prioritizing stability issues for Native Fennec Release.
- Naoki's crash report for this week - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_14Nov2011
- Socorro Bugs/Breakpad
- [NEW] bug 702624 - Crash Reporter crashes
- Top issues