Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
Notices / Schedule
- 8.0.1 released Monday (11/21)
- Triage meetings being held for 3.6.25 security bugs
- Silent Update
- Removal of OS security dialog for Windows close to complete. Working with releng on final issue. Details on Brian's blog.
- Background updates ready for review and testing. Details on Ehsan's blog.
- Add-ons default to compatible has landed on Nightly and Aurora. Currently prefed off on Aurora. Ready for testing. Details on Blair's blog.
- Your help is needed to test these features. Read the blog posts or speak with Brian, Ehsan, Blair, Anthony or me if you have any questions.
- Project Snappy kicked off last week
- Aim is to improve Firefox responsiveness.
- Get in touch with Taras or Lawrence if you're interested in contributing.
Firefox Developer Tools
- Style Editor landed this week: bug 583041
- font size inflation (bug 627842, readability) fighting with Android crashtest-1 failure (failing with no useful information in the log). Can land once that's fixed. Once it lands it'll probably need tuning related to feedback on how it behaves on different individual Web pages.
- Lots of good cycle collector related work going on to better understand how to deal with huge graphs that end up causing long cc pauses (mccr8, smaug)
- View-source changes landed, we're now no longer using the old parser for view source (hsivonen, smaug)
- Landed HTML support for XHR (hsivonen)
- Have most UI drafts.
- Getting help with windows build stuff to get webrtc code integrated.
- Landed huge perf improvements!
- Arrays-as-keys the big remaining feature
- Found and fixed dataloss bug.
- Part of SMS getting close to landing
- Preparing to move birch (native UI) to mozilla-central
- Switching nightlies from mozilla-central (XUL) to birch (native)
- All nightly users will be moved
- Rev3 OSX snow leopard machines are now offline.
- Final Notice! These will be recycled into linux/windows testers unless there's a very good reason to keep them around for the next little while. Speak now, or forever hold your peace!
|Date / Time||Item|
|Wed Nov 23 / 13:00 PST||Add-On Hotfix|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/secreview * Dial-in Info: ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 624
- New Socorro version 2.3.3 will be held until next week. Delayed due to chemspill and holiday. Probably go out Monday.
- Notable feature: Signature summary - on the page for each signature we get a summary of the versions it happens it and time buckets so we can easily see start crashes.
- After issues with 8.0, we are working on a plan to more aggressively block some of the problematic 3rd party dlls that cause crashes. Putting together a list of stuff we will block for 9.0. Includes an older version of Flash bug 704158
- https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/firefox.10.0a1.flashsummary.html. The list of Flash crashes and hangs shows a decrease in volume as of 10/29 which stays constant through the cutover to 10.0a2. It's showing in 11 as well. FF 7 and 8 show NO correlating drop from 10/29.
- New issues on Release
- bug 704125 - Firefox 7 crash in gbmzh_bb.dll (Banco do Brasil?) - showing up in 7.0
- bug 702869 - mozalloc_abort
- bug 704029 - nsLocalFile::Append(nsAString_internal const&)
- bug 694974 - Comcast Constant Guard (sent mail to devs to advise them users are still crashing)
- bug 703624 - Crash caused by Fritz!Box 1.6.1 addon [@ FB_AddOn4.dll@0x27421]
- bug 704492 - crash sshnas21 (trojan FakeAlert)
- bug 700493 - Firefox Crash @ @0x0 | nsXULPrototypeCache::HasData(nsIURI*, int*) ] (Correlated to Yandex Bar)
- Marcia went through crashes over the weekend that had "needs URL" and provided correlations for those that we could.
- New issues for 9.0
- bug 702217 - OOM crash in nsUrlClassifierStore::ReadPrefixes or nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::SetPrefixes
- bug 702901 - js::types::TypeScriptNesting::~TypeScriptNesting()
- bug 702910 - Firefox 9b1 crashes at startup
- bug 704460 - js_ValueToString. Mac crash - Seeing this on 10 as well.
- bug 704488 - je_free | mozutils.dll@0x2a9f
- New bugs logged for Aurora
- bug 702547 - js_ConcatStrings
- New bugs logged for Trunk
- Weekly detailed report - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_21Nov2011
- A bunch of issues were fixed yesterday for release for nightly users - Naoki still needs to make a few updates in the report.
- bug 704161 - Now that we have Flash for mobile, we need to figure out how to get the symbols.
- Native Fennec P1 Crash Bugs
- MSVC 2010 Migration (targeting Gecko 12) - khuey
- Builders are ready to go.
- Tests are green.
- Perf numbers look good.
- Client side updater requirements are done.