« previous week | index | next week »
Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2012-05-15 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Kilimanjaro
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 Performance
- 7 GFX
- 8 JS
- 9 Layout
- 10 Video
- 11 DOM
- 12 WebAPI
- 13 Network
- 14 Identity
- 15 Plugins
- 16 Mobile
- 17 Accessibility
- 18 Tree Management
- 19 Security
- 20 Stability Report
- 21 Roundtable
- Product team working on solidifying requirements for "base camp".
- Still working toward larger Kilimanjaro goal.
- Triage today at 11:30am. Conflicts with the daily mobile triage. Trying to find another time that would enable mobile folks to attend.
Notices / Schedule
- Fennec Native 14 beta 1 is now live on Google Play!
- Bugs filed by following the link on the product page will have [Play] in the whiteboard
- With Fennec Native on Google Play, we'll be including betaN+ blocking bugs during channel meetings, but we'll continue triaging nominations and release blockers as part of mobile triage
- Fennec Native betas will have a weekly cadence after this week as with desktop, going to build no later than Wednesday for a Friday push
- We expect our next beta of Fennec Native to be multi-locale with the same 13 localizations as XUL Fennec previously
- We're now here in the schedule
- FF13 beta 4 will go-to-build today (5/15). Please land any approved beta patches ASAP, and continue working on tracked bugs
- We should be looking for the lowest risk mitigating fix for remaining tracked bugs
- The work by a group of MSU students to get Firefox preferences "in-content" has mostly landed on trunk. Check out Jared's blog post for more info. There's some followup polish/theming work still remaining before we make the switch and remove the old preferences dialog.
- FX-Team work week wrap up - read it, there's good stuff in there!
Firefox Developer Tools
- Developer Toolbar relanded. Preffed off, turn on devtools.toolbar.enabled to try it out.
- Async web console starting to land, 2 of 5 patches landed.
- Responsive Design Mode should be landing this week.
- Perf+metrics work week this week in MV/SF
- This week's Snappy summary
- Lawrence posted on hacks about Firefox 13 Snappy work.
- Tim landed a fix to avoid setTimeout()s when handling tab clicks in bug 743877, which should significantly improve tab strip responsiveness.
- Incremental GC making progress towards being turned on by default again (bug 750959, bug 752098).
- Wladimir Palant (Adblock Plus fame) wrote a new Suspend background tabs add-on to halt activity in background tabs. This experimental add-on should give a sense of how we can improve lag due to background tabs.
- Azure-Thebes will (hopefully) be turned on by default this week.
- This applies only to hardware accelerated computers on Windows Vista and 7.
- The net of this is that we're going to be drawing fundamentally differently, and we can expect regressions in performance and drawing.
- It has a very simple pref for backing out, luckily.
- Lots of work happening on security model, but still a lot of work remaining.
- We will probably adjust the open-web-apps API to allow multiple apps per origin since the security model will support that. Might not implement the actual support in the initial release though.
- The Open Web Apps API has been submitted to W3C and we've started receiving input.
- Initial APIs for "system intents", camera control and Alarm API being discussed on webapi mailing list.
- Started implementing backend for doing apps-specific permissions.
Firefox front-end team met with Ben Adida & Co. last week for an Identity swarm, made good progress on understanding how things work, and getting some initial code up and going to start flushing out issues (for both sign-into-browser and native sign-into-websites)
- In light of the beta, please remember that one can have only one native Sync client per device. Please ping :ally if you have questions.
- Testday on Friday please help promote it
- No audible this week.
- Switching windows 32-bit PGO builds to run on 64-bit machines this week bug 753132
- Hoping to have signed OSX builds (for 10.8) on mozilla-central late this week or early next week bug 752613
- module owners please check your module for unassigned security bugs
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review
Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Stability work week - June 11th 2012.
- KaiRo has written a blog post on The Life Cycle of a Crash.
- New incremental release on Wednesday bring some improvements to the new Nightly Crash Trends report.
- Plan for Socorro support for Rapid Beta stands, work is starting.
- Trunk is pretty crashy - top issues over the past 3 days...
- #1 - bug 654903- js::gc::PushMarkStack. Not a new signature but appearing in #1 spot.
- This and a couple other JS spikes seem to be related to incremental GC landed for the May 13 build and then backed out again.
- #2 - bug 752309 - xpc::WrapperFactory::PrepareForWrapping.
- #3 - bug 736695 - nsGenericElement::UnbindFromTree
- #5 - bug 732897 - Makeday
- #6 - bug 671468 - nsSocketOutputStream::Write(char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int*) (Correlation to Спутник @Mail.Ru and Yandex.Bar)
- On dev-platform, bsmedberg mentiones that today he landed XPCOM string classes being infallible by default and alert him of any aborts seen as fallout from that.
- Crashes tracking Fx14
- A couple of problems with AMD graphics cards bug 714320 and bug 700288 that we haven't been able to fix.
- bug 736695 - nsGenericElement::UnbindFromTree , when I open Customize Toolbar with Video DownloadHelper 4.9.8 installed. A problem for a while.
Firefox 12 & 13
- top crashes that we wish we could do something about
- bug 572011 - Crash @ nsDiskCacheStreamIO::FlushBufferToFile
- bug 597260 - nsFileOutputStream::Write(char const*, unsigned int, unsigned int*)
- top Flash hang: bug 726425 - a number of those reports don't even have Flash in the stack, possibly our own code at fault?
- bug 640904 - Crash in JSAutoEnterCompartment::enter - waiting on AMO review for fixed add-on
- Beta out today...yay!. Crash rate down on both trunk and aurora < 20 crashes per 100 ADU.
See Mobile Notes for Mobile specific Socorro notes
- A good number of crashes were fixed last week; 3 day report will have some of the drop offs from the fixes and show better numbers of what crashes still remain. If you run into a crash:
- please please please comment in the bug with STRs, or even approximate STRs.
- please remember to checkmark the URL box at the very least if you can submit the crash report
- some of the fixes got pushed to aurora last week, which should in turn make aurora with similar stability to nightly.
- Aurora top crashes
- bug 740727 - crash in mozilla::layers::LayerManagerOGL::SetLayerProgramProjectionMatrix @ libpvrANDROID_WSEGL
- bug 743938 - crash in glClear @ WSEGL_GetDrawableParameters
- bug 731288 - crash @ libgui.so
- Nightly top crashes
- bug 737128 - mozilla::gl::GLContextEGL::ReleaseSurface GL crash on Droid X
- If you know STRs with a Droid X please comment in the bug
- bug 751967 - crash on new tab/google maps galaxy nexus, ICS, 5.03 build
- If you know STRs please comment in the bug
- bug 736421 - crash in mozilla::layers::Layer::CalculateScissorRect @ CgDrv_Create on MB860 and LG-P99.
- bug 747746 - java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java)
- bug 737128 - mozilla::gl::GLContextEGL::ReleaseSurface GL crash on Droid X
- myk: Apps considering providing updates in this meeting about ongoing development; feedback welcome on whether or not folks think they'd be useful.