Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2012-05-08 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room / SFO-Boardroom
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Kilimanjaro
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 Performance
- 7 GFX
- 8 JS
- 9 Layout
- 10 Video
- 11 DOM
- 12 WebAPI
- 13 Network
- 14 Identity
- 15 Plugins
- 16 Mobile
- 17 Accessibility
- 18 Tree Management
- 19 Security
- 20 Stability Report
- 21 Roundtable
- Kilimanjaro - Base Camp
- Communications at the MoCo meeting yesterday - pivoting Kilimanjaro around B2G goals.
- Product team working on defining "base camp".
- Posts to come on dev.planning.
- Proceeding with triage today at 11:30am PT.
Notices / Schedule
- We are here in the calendar. There are still 32 bugs tracking 13+ - if your bug has been fixed & landed, please update the status flags. If not, get back to work ;)
- We held our FF12 post-mortem today
- We'll be holding our Rapid Betas scope overview during today's channel meeting (2PM PT in Warp Core)
- Automatic updates from FF3.6 to FF12 will be occurring some time in the next day
- FF13 beta 3 will be going to build today, for a Friday ship
- FN14 beta 1 (build #2) may be going to build today
- More on the l10n ship strategy soon (hopefully tomorrow)
- some members of fx-team (dolske, gavin, mattn, zpao, fryn) are taking part in an "identity swarm" with the identity team today to try and help nail down and make progress on Identity-related work
- bug 727120: ttaubert switched the Thumbnail service from using the cache to just using files on disk
- bug 641892: contributor OHZEKI Tetsuharu added support for displaying multiple types of notifications at once. Great work!
Firefox Developer Tools
- UI for connecting to remote debuggees landed, bug 747429.
- Responsive Design tool in review bug 749628.
- Investigating an application cache tool, no bug yet.
- jorendorff on Using the new Debugger API from scratchpad
- Dealing with the leaks and bustage caused by the bug leak fix bug 695480
- Talking about add-ons on AMO using older versions of the SDK bug 751466
- Perf work week May 14-18 (next week) in MV.
- This week's Snappy summary
- Bas is working on slow downs due to borders and gradients. We should see some improvement in 3-4 weeks.
- Incremental GC should turned back on soon (bug 750424, bug 750416).
- Kyle’s big memory leak fix from last week turned out to occasionally cause leaks where there were none before (bug 751466).
- Tim moved thumbnail storage away from network cache, which reduces cache contention and browser freezes (bug 744388).
- Paulo continued nuking sync favicon api usage (bug 728168).
- Compartment Per Global landed and stuck. Expect ongoing bug stomping to continue as the rest of the source base adjust to these patches (bug 650353). Bholley wrote this a post on CPG: bholley.work.blog . - bholley and luke.
- The new jsdbg2 Debugger object are now available from scratchpad. Jason Orendorff's demo (5 min). A screen cast from the Toronto meet-up provides more detail (10 min). (Bugzilla jsdbg2) - jimb and jorendroff.
- SVG and CSS working group meetings this week (including joint meeting Wednesday)
- likely some large changes to font size inflation coming soon to increase the size of the areas in which we make separate inflation decisions (bug 707195 and duplicates/dependencies)
There are some test files at https://people.xiph.org/~giles/2012/opus/
Opus is a new audio compression technology we've developed together with Microsoft (Skype), Broadcom, Google, Xiph.Org and other groups. It's in the final stages of standardization at the IETF. It will be an essential component of our WebRTC (a/v chat) effort, but we also hope to get some traction with it as a baseline audio format for HTML.
We're getting ready to land the first chunk of WebRTC on the tree to support getUserMedia() work (Camera API, etc). This will be preffed-off initially, and we'll be calling on people to help when asked to do reviews, etc. This is a bit like docking a cruise liner in a narrow slip... so your help is appreciated.
- Compartment per global landed! (bholley, luke)
- Fennec talks! See MarcoZ's blog for details.
- stage/ftp/surf moved to scl3 datacentre on Saturday. Some fallout on Sunday/Monday. If you see any more issues (e.g. downloading builds/tests), please ping IT/RelEng.
- april was another month of record load - 280 checkins in a day 
- may looking like a high load month as well - 40,207 test jobs on may 3
- RelEng starting to look at doing win8 builds on win64 build platform (thanks to jimm)
- RelEng starting to look at migrating win32 builds to win64 platform (thanks to ehsan for help testing)
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review
Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Stability work week will be June 11-15, 2012 in Mt. View
- Planning for Rapid Betas is ongoing, will push out previously planned work for some time.
- B2G and WebAppRT should probably get crash reporting as well, please coordinate with KaiRo to get this moving!
- Some new regressions cropped up:
- bug 751826 crash in mozilla::plugins::parent::_getproperty
- bug 752414 crash in nsXPConnect::CheckForDebugMode @ JS_GetCompartmentPrincipals (still crashing after backout)
- bug 752824 crash in nsXPConnect::CheckForDebugMode @ JS_GetInternedStringChars
- bug 752416 crash in nsXPConnect::CheckForDebugMode @ js::AllFramesIter::AllFramesIter
- bug 752391 crash in js::gc::MarkRange
- bug 752495 crash in js::IncrementalReferenceBarrier
- bug 752309 is current topcrash and a regression from compartment-per-global, bholley is on it.
- FF 13 Beta 2 data looks good so far relative to new crashes.
- Many of the top crashes are hangs
- Explosive report shows more flash issues: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/2012-05-07/2012-05-07.firefox.13.explosiveness.html
- bug 640904 appears to still be the top signature on 12
- Aurora top crashes are mostly libdvm crashes, bug 730890 was fixed in nightly, waiting aurora approval; remaining Libdvm bugs are as seen:
- Nightly top crashes; bug 748531 catches exceptions in JNI code. This was also fixed recently and may need to be aurora approved?
- note: Nightly could be inflated due to QA testers testing and trying to get repro steps; also takes a while for a fix to have a crash fall off the chart.
- Reminder: please update your builds to help show impacts of crash fixes
See Mobile Meeting for Mobile specific Socorro updates