Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2013-04-23 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 98411
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 98411
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 98411
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 98411
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Engineering Vidyo Room / Warp Core / SFO-Boardroom / Tor Commons
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Actions
- 2 Notices/Schedule
- 3 Key Issues
- 4 Products/Projects
- 4.1 Firefox OS
- 4.2 Firefox Desktop
- 4.3 Firefox Mobile
- 4.4 Stability
- 4.5 OrangeFactor
- 4.6 Performance [Bi-Weekly]
- 4.7 Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
- 4.8 Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
- 4.9 Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
- 4.10 Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
- 4.11 Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
- 5 Roundtable
- Clint to follow-up with Ted about review for bug 597064
- Jet to find owners for OrangeFactor bug 761987, bug 806046, bug 861158, and bug 858948
- FF 21.0b3 for Desktop/Mobile was Shipped last week
- FF 21.0b4 for Desktop/Mobile going to build today , targeting release before Friday
|Unresolved Aurora 54 Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta)||Unresolved Beta 83 Trackers (non-security)|
- bug 863903 Disabling Fedora talos tests on mozilla-central & friends (catlee)
- bug 657789 Disabling ~50 locales on mozilla-central, and migrating users to aurora (catlee)
- birch continues to be used as a 2nd inbound for b2g development (catlee)
- Infra Load Meeting every 2nd Thursday 13:00 PT. If you're interested in infrastructure load, please come! (catlee)
- If you know of builds/tests that aren't required, PLEASE let us know so we can turn them off
- Go to tbpl, "Tree Info" -> "Adjust Hidden Builders" to see what's currently hidden.
- Dev Kit - feedback needed (morgamic)
- Using a pre-processing flag to auto-disable features in later Beta versions (lsblakk)
- Revamping touch input on Windows (jmathies)
- W3C Proposed Recommendation: Web Storage (dbaron)
- Rethinking the amount of system JS we use in Gecko on B2G (jlebar)
- work week in Madrid last week, hosted by Telefonica (thanks!)
- almost 200 attendees from 9 partner companies
- great contributions from all, many just starting and rocking it
- lots of great discussions and workshops on performance, memory usage, test systems and infrastructure, etc.
- Dietrich's fancy dashboard for last week: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/madrid.html
- we fixed 40 of the 59 v1.0.1 blockers (tef+) that existed before the work week
- in total, 42 v1.0.1 blockers remain
- lots of people scrutinizing the list to see if we can further trim the list of blockers
- 8 issues preventing start of 2nd round of partner certification
- came to agreement today to begin this certification despite blocker bugs
- ongoing discussions about gecko version for 1.1, 1.2
- Blog Shout Out
Various ways to keep up on commits landing on m-c: https://staktrace.com/spout/entry.php?id=797
- Now available via Yandex store: http://m.store.yandex.com
- Usability, Responsiveness, and New Features
- bug 730445 You can now change the default search engine landed in Fx23, check it out!
- WebRTC still behind a build flag but being actively tested to flesh out issues prior to enabling
- Progress on reflow-on-zoom continues with the landing of bug 803719 and bug 800805, proposed next steps for perf issues, here: bug 836565
- This will make Android/Gonk code sharing a little easier: bug 864521 - Replace Fennec's AndroidKeyEvent::KEYCODE enum with Android's AKEYCODE enum
- Stability Wins
- bug 859100 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.BrowserToolbar.canToolbarHide(BrowserToolbar.java)
- bug 859031 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.BrowserApp$8$1.run(BrowserApp.java)
- bug 856670 (js::RemapWrapper) is our #2 crash on Aurora 22, something made the signature go away on Nightly but we're not sure why. Benjamin Smedberg thinks something might have reduced sizes of thread pools (indexedDB? DOM workers?) or reduced stack frame size, or similar (see comment 28), does anyone know what happened there so we have a candidate for uplift?
- Release crash rates are becoming quite low (1.63 yesterday - we consider everything below 2.0 to be "good"), multiple reasons - Flash 11.7 seems to be slightly better in hangs than 11.6, and then a number of signatures are down significantly in volume for unknown reasons, e.g. bug 812683 and bug 819028 (D3D11-6.2/Win7).
- Past week's OrangeFactor: 8.28 (Previous Week: 5.84) - 7.31 if bug 761987 is left out.
- bug 846156 (ASSERTION: mArguments wasn't cleaned up properly!: '!mArguments') has many clones and hits across a variety of tests.
- Still seeing many crashes [@ PL_DHashTableEnumerate] with "ASSERTION: (*(uint32_t*)(table->entryStore + ((uint32_t)1 << (32 - (table)->hashShift)) * table->entrySize)) > 0" spread across many tests (i.e. bug 855185).
- 15 intermittent failures fixed in the last week - List - Thanks!.
- bug 859558: Project to eliminate font jank
- bug 830492: gps changed FHR DB's behavior to require fewer fsyncs
- bug 844331 and bug 862599: Bug caused Telemetry submission rates to drop significantly, fixed now.
- Tool for comparing Telemetry simple measures. Make sure to disable mixed-content protection on the page
- Honza Bambas's draft proposal for rewriting network cache
- David Teller's project "Async & Responsive"
- Avi's Tabstrip Animation Project and recent progress
- Irving's refactor of Add-On manager storage
- Nathan Froyd took a look at Talos pageload benchmark data
- Julian Seward's update on native stack unwinding progress
Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
Memory consumption on B2G is an ongoing concern. The amount of memory available to Gecko is a little over 100 MiB, so any app that misbehaves memory-wise can chew that up quickly.
- The birch project branch will remain open for B2G development going forward. Can we turn off triplicate OSX/Windows tests (bug 864517)?
- Nightly uptake curves may be days later than you think: http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/blog/2013-04-15/chart-of-the-day-firefox-nightly-update-adoption-curve/
- Firefox Health Report is reporting that 10-20% of sessions on Beta channel are not terminated properly. gps is seeking explanations in bug 864537.