- Every Monday at 2:30 PM Pacific/5:30 PM Eastern/21:30 UTC/Tuesday at 10:30 AM NZDT
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 99366
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99366
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99366 (toll free, Skype)
- Video (Vidyo) link: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=DeP4hnHU6nlN
- Vidyo room 9366 (if you have LDAP and can log in at https://v.mozilla.com)
New Mobile plans
- Going to write the front end in java
- Loose e10s, only one process. Java runs in one thread, gecko in the other. No IPC. Basic XUL windows that proxies event with gecko. Integration with the system bookmarks.
- Competitive advantage? Improving performance to increase user rentention.
- Wait until native UI patch land before we decide if we want to enable OGL.
- Build avaiable on the Birch branch.
- pcwalton's change render the page to a texture. This will not work so well for scrolling pages with multiple layers. What will position fixed look like?
- Zooming is bad because we reflow the page every increment. Instead we can simply scale a texture during zooming.
- Idea for improvements:
- Off main thread composition
- Skia rasterizer
- It works, with some bugs, and no awesome perf.
- Pref 'gfx.azure.content.enable' on gfx branch