- Every Monday at 2:30 PM Pacific Time
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 99366
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99366
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99366 (toll free, Skype)
- Video (Vidyo) link: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=vu1FKlkBlT29
- Vidyo room 9366 (if you have LDAP and can log in at https://v.mozilla.com)
Urgent Bug Triage
Bugs tracked for upcoming Firefox releases, in decreasing order of urgency:
- Backfilling OMTC work
- Turning LayerManagerOGL into a Compositor
- ajuma + nrc lately
- Working well for OpenGL
- Cross-platform texture representation being worked on by nrc
- nrc to take up point from ajuma, with Bas to support as necessary
- Bug 716859 has some work on a general approach to shared textures (SharedSurfaces)
- Probably a little too different to use directly, but maybe useful to look at?
- Will be talked about below.
- Azure project update (nrc, kentuckyfriedtakahe)
- Azure-Cairo canvas work - possibly done? Turned on everywhere except Linux and B2G (Android, non-D2D Windows; Mac uses Quartz canvas via Azure).
- Linux Azure canvas has perf issues - Anthony has fixed one issue that hasn't landed yet (memory leak)
- Shadow blurring is even slower on Azure; 2X faster on Thebes. Seems to be spending time shifting between X and main memory.
- Blur code may also be leaking Cairo surfaces.
- Content seems to be OK, but the priority has been canvas.
- Hopefully be ready by the next uplift, at which point we'll be able to remove Thebes canvas.
- SIGGRAPH recap? - deferred to next week
- SharedSurface for accelerated WebGL production/publishing to layers. (esp. OMTC/OMPC) (jgilbert)
- bug 716859
- SharedSurfaces for backing-surface-inspecific WebGL rendering pass through to layers compositing.
- layout/gfx work week
- nov 12-16, vancouver
- do not book yet - it's only tentative, still has not been approved by finance. keep the week open though!