- Asa, Chris Lee, Blizzard, Martin, Alex, Deb (part)
Quick references for the pages we were looking at...
- We reviewed features currently targeted (or we think should land) for Firefox 10
- Desktop Features
- Platform Features for both desktop and mobile.
- Reviewed Platform top priorities as well as features by team we think will make it in FF10.
- We DID NOT review any front-end mobile features since there was no mobile product management participation.
- We didn't go into too much detail about status but centered the discussion around likelyhood to land in FF10 and what level of tracking we think is needed.
- We didn't cover everything since some stuff like Silent Update we have handled
- Migrate chrome settings and data (smooney)
- mkato - volunteer
- needs some tracking
- New theme (smooney)
- Still working on design - probably a design goal for FF10.
- Web apps integration on desktop (lmandel)
- Needs some help and a DRI - spec'd out.
- Responsiveness (lmandel)
- No specific targets for FF10
- Crafting goals as part of work on quality programs.
- Ability to clean up user profile (smooney)
- Michael Verdi is DRI but not sure of progress.
- SPDY (lmandel or mbest)
- Landed for FF10 but won't ship with it turned on - pref'd off.
- Has feature page
- Pat McManus working on this
- Blizzard has been tracking this but needs a DRI to pay attention.
- 3D CSS Transforms (mbest)
- Has landed for FF10 - it's BIG
- Not sure if there is a feature page, probably just a list of bugs bug 505115
- Will need to be tracked closely for stability, security, bugs
- Needs DRI - lots of stuff to track
- Full screen API (mbest)
- Off by default and shipped in FF8
- Needs security review
- Needs security design work
- Chris Pierce working on this.
- Needs a DRI to coordinate stuff
- Plugin Steels Focus (smooney)
- Top Accessibility bug
- Top UX bug
- Recently made this a P1 but will likely run into resource issues here
- Not sure if there is any change we can get this in FF10
- Needs someone to figure out if this is doable
- Ability to take picture from web page
- Blizzard currently the DRI
- Offline app support
- Big collection of bugs to drive
- Not all possible in FF10 but would like to see progress
- Could use help driving this list down.
- IndexedDB items
- Making progress
- Blizzard not really sure of the status of all the graphics stuff.
- Need to talk to JP for up to date status on what's going to land in FF10.
- Text readability issue (smooney)
- Need constant updates
- Asa identified another bug he thought was even more critical - he will send that out.
Real time audio/video stuff
- ROC owns this team
- No firm plan yet, needs spec work
- Still staffing in product to help with this.
- Continue to work on stuff.
- Will need PM help eventually.
- TouchEvents part 2 (elancaster)
- Flash (elancaster)
- Still working a couple of angles here.
- SPDY (discussed above)
- Need to find out if it's all landed.
- HTTP pipelining (lmandel or mbest)
- Pat working on this once he's done with SPDY.
- Needs coordination across dev
- Involves deploying a service
- Plugin keyboard focus
- PM to clean up https://wiki.mozilla.org/Features/Release_Tracking to make sure all features we discussed are on there AND have DRIs assigned.
- Need to review FF 10 goals for Programs.
- Need to review bugs that need visibility for FF10.