Projects & Programs
- PM Goals and projects should directly support highest engineering and product priorities.
Minimal Impact Update
- [DEFER] Oversee all pieces of Silent Update through release
- Windows security (UAC) landed in FF12, background updates will either land in 1Q or in the first week of 2Q
- [DONE] Oversee Add-On compatibility through release
Web Apps Integration
- [DROPPED] Organize regular meeting and cross-team check-in.
- [DONE] Keep wiki pages/lists updated with status.
- [DONE] Track engineering pieces for integration.
- [DEFER] Organize initial kickoff meeting.
- [DEFER] Track early stage tasks and coordination in wiki and bugzilla.
- [DEFER] Hire full time PM to oversee initiative.
- [DONE] Plan and organize Games Summit in Toronto.
- [DONE] Oversee Project X.
- [DONE] Maintain and track list of platform changes that are discovered as a result of industry input and those needed to support Project X.
- [DONE] Gather a list of external industry contacts and contributors to help advise development.
- [DONE] Organize and run regular Snappy meetings.
- [DONE] Track responsiveness initiatives targeted for Q1 through completion.
- Asa has a list of 3 projects
- Taras has another list of 4-5 projects
Rapid Response Projects
- [DONE] Provide rotating PM point for ongoing projects.
- [DONE] PM assignee for Search Hijacking project.
- Actual project got pushed out.
- [DROPPED] PM assignee for Blackhole project.
- [AT RISK] Ship Fennec Native project by end of Q1
- [DONE] Assemble and maintain a release checklist to track cross-functional activities throughout release (Sync, l10n, legal, privacy/security, amo)
- Weekly status summaries
- Organize and run the weekly mobile showcase.
- [DONE] Plan for MWC
- Capture MWC demo plan, schedule and HW requirements.
- [DONE] Document clear Beta and Release shipping criteria for Native Fennec 1.0.
- [DEFER] Initial plan for Native Fennec 12, 13 and 14
- [DONE] Track Socorro Q1 goals - features/bugs we would like to see implemented in Q1 to support the mandate of crashkill and needs in engineering
- [DEFER] Dashboard for managing crash landscape - showing incoming crash rate, fixes crash rate, per component breakdown, top crashes, reproducible crashes and release to release comparisons
- [DONE] Triage and cleanup of crash sub lists
- Reproducible crashes
- Plugin crashes
- [DONE] Clear list of quality criteria for stability program management and tracking
- [DEFER] Improve adoption rate from current 2% on release and nightly.
- [DONE] Enable Telemetry on mobile native UI
- [DEFER] Improve Telemetry adoption on mobile
- [DONE] Improve consumability of Telemetry front-end (dashboard)
- Dashboard released publicly with improved short URL. Further work required in Q2.
- Detailed analysis of how we use bugzilla within engineering - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/BugzillaInterviews
- [ON TRACK] Complete interviews and reports - all data published on the wiki.
- [DEFER] Presentation summarizing the results
- [DONE] Clear set of first recommendations to implement for better bug management
- [DEFER] Identify 2 programs/projects to pilot recommendations
- [DEFER] Hire 2 more program/project managers
- [DONE] Drive mediawiki-bugzilla through to deployment
Stuff not included
- List of projects that have requested PM help but are not on the list or staffed...
- Browser ID
- Taking a picture feature
- Sync (help with integration/tracking in general)
- New UI