Projects & Programs
- PM Goals and projects should directly support highest engineering and product priorities.
- [DONE] Drive v1 of social api to completion with Fx17.
- [MISSED] Oversee landing of phase 1 multi-provider support in Fx18.
- [ON TRACK] Create performance plan
- Drive WebAudio to land version 1 by end of quarter.
- Gather examples for Regression tests for Games related performance for desktop and mobile.
- Finish BananaBread Multiplayer by end of quarter for release early next year.
- Work towards a proper documentation strategy for Games related information.
- Maintain relationships with third parties while B2G is the focus.
Fx for Android Features
- [ON TRACK] Drive Launch of Firefox Marketplace/Firefox for Android to completion on 10/18
- [AT RISK] ARMv6 Go/No-Go
- [ON TRACK] Android Project Messaging
- [ON TRACK] Media Decoding
- [ON TRACK] Readability v2.0: Ship fonts, testing effort for reflow-on-zoom
- [ON TRACK] iOS Support scoping and estimation
- [MISSED] Complete documentation for testing and evangelism
- [MISSED] Find community owner for testing and evangelism
- [DONE] Complete analysis of site issues
- [DONE] Support B2G with reports/dashboards
- [DONE] Hand off stability tracking to Kairo and Marcia
- Plan and track Telemetry Q4 plan with metrics
- [DONE] Complete data validation
- [DONE] Minor functional improvements for the Telemetry dashboards
- [DONE] Performance improvements for the Telemetry dashboards
- Improve adoption rate from current 2% on release and nightly.
- [DONE] Finalize enabled-by-default plan on dev channels
- [DONE] Land enabled-by-default on Aurora and Nightly channels
- [ON TRACK] Work with UX on new Telemetry promotion for consumer channels
- [DONE] Complete privacy requirement - embed about:telemetry in product
- Release initial dashboards on previously difficult to answer questions
- Work with engineering team to determine priorities
- Work with metrics to get a public rest API available
Performance Measurement Automation
General Team Goals
- [DONE] Framework for driving projects
- [DONE] Hire 1-2 additional PMs
- [DONE] Hiring plan for 2013