Program Management/Programs/Silent Update/2011-10-27
Removal of OS security dialog for Windows
Add-ons Default to Compatible
- The XML output in the API is already live (bug 694658). The bug is still open and assigned to our QA just to make sure nothing obvious is wrong. I'm not sure QA would be the most qualified to verify the bug though - if Blair or someone wants to give it the thumbs up, I'd be happy with that.
- The only open bug on the AMO side is bug 692974 for making the interface easier to use. Hoping to have that done this week, but it may or may not hit.
- Summary: As far as Wil knows, the AMO side is functional and just needs someone to sign off.
- Example: bottom of https://addons-dev.allizom.org/en-US/firefox/api/1.5/search/guid:%7Bd10d0bf8-f5b5-c8b4-a8b2-2b9879e08c5d%7D
Apply update on shutdown
- Completed security review
- Mac and Linux implementation complete
- Windows very close
- Pushing stuff to the ash branch
- Needs UI work (About dialog)
- Needs testing love
New workflow for updating users with incompatible add-ons
Owner: Rob to work with Asa.
Getting the word out
- ashughes on PTO Oct 28 through Nov 7 -- please contact juanb and cc me on any emails/issues