Program Management/Programs/Silent Update/2011-11-03
Removal of OS security dialog for Windows
- task is done, lots of testing going on
- MAR file signing is biggest blocker at this point, need to figure out what to do with releng
- security OK with landing change on nightly without MAR signing but not Aurora
- may not be able to land the service on Aurora until the end of Nov.
Add-ons Default to Compatible
- Update from Blair is that the work to change to default to compatible is on schedule for 10
Apply update on shutdown
- Ready for testing
- (Nearly) Ready for review
- Working on automated test issues
New workflow for updating users with incompatible add-ons
Owner: Rob to work with Asa.
- Chris is going to follow up with Limi
- Suggested change is to rename the "Cancel" button to "Not now"
- Need to talk about override and update for old users
Getting the word out
- Ehsan has a blog post that is ready for review. He will post once he's ready for testing help.