Program Management/Programs/Silent Update/2012-01-19
< Program Management | Programs | Silent Update
Removal of OS security dialog for Windows
- 1/25 decision for Firefox 11
- Waiting on libmar security review > 1 week.
- The 3 tasks for mar security enhancements are completed and marked for review (product, channel, and version downgrade).
- There is some push back from RelEng (with as I understand good cause) for not doing one of those 3 tasks at all. We need security to chime in and need more feedback on what the issues are exactly from RelEng and from QA. It would be useful for lmandel to probe for this info.
- Most of the initial issues with the service are landed. A couple are left and nearing completion (implementing minor review comments).
- The cause of one issue with the service is not yet known, it is minor and not a blocker. On install the security of the service cannot be set (this makes it so the service is not even to be attempted to be used for upgrades). I'm landing a patch for extra logging here and for setting the security on each upgrade in case one failed soon.
- Did a feedback only review of Ehsan's work, looks good to me after he addressed the requested changes.
- I will enable sign MAR checks on elm as well as the new MAR security tasks on elm to test there.
- I expect that about half of my next week can be spent on non updater/service related issues. And the week after that most of my time spent outside of updater stuff.
- Should I be doing a fake progress dialog during upgrades? If so I'll post for this and can start on it Friday or Monday.
- QA (Simona Badau)
- working on debugging problems with callback on limited user accounts (bug 718450)
- have asked QA to dogfood Nightly on Windows
- should we cast a wider net? (ie. company, community)
Add-ons Default to Compatible
Owner: Blair (client), Wil (AMO)
- Currently testing on beta, go/no go decision next week
- QA (Virgil Dicu)
- Results of the Default Compatible Add-ons testday
- A lot of gaps in testing still remain, QA is working hard to fill that gap
- top add-ons, test tracking
- Addressed bbondy's review comments
- Waiting for rstrong's review
- Working with Vlad on QA
- Also working on a couple of test issues which need access to the releng machines
- QA (Vlad Ghetiu)
- nothing new to report
Updated workflow for updating users with incompatible add-ons
Owner: Rob, Chris
- QA (Ioana Budnar)
- nothing new to report
Getting the word out
- lmandel waiting on press review of blog post