Program Management/Programs/Silent Update/2012-02-23
Owner: Brian (Dev), Simona Badau (QA)
- Expect to land the security bugs on Friday
- Finished libmar test suite, it needs review from rs
- Fixed some test failures on non Windows platforms (was only running tests before on Windows only elm)
- Debugged problem due to hg fail
- Things I still want to test that Simona cannot test manually:
* Do a major version change on elm to make sure the version downgrade security bug * Test not having the MAR define defined, not having an ini file * Test manually setting the new error codes and make sure the fallback works.
- QA: ^ why not? will this be covered via Automation?
- re from Brian: These can't be tested without doing a temporary push to the repo and then reverting it.
Owner: Ehsan (Dev), Vlad Ghetiu (QA)
- QA: Issue with Vista's UAC service
- update process seems to hang after downloading the update
- does not happen with Windows 7 UAC service
Owner: Rob, Chris, Ioana Budnar (QA)
- QA: Currently in the process of creating test cases
Getting the word out
- QA: How far away are we from being able to ask the QA Community to test "Silent Update" (ex. having a testday)?
- Anthony will schedule a test day for beta 2 - Mar. 23