Program Management/Programs/Silent Update/2012-03-01
Owner: Brian (Dev), Simona Badau (QA)
- Re-purposed elm and made sure that the aggregated Aurora security patch would work
- Landed the aggregated security patch on Aurora
- bug 730792 - Enable new security checks for updates without the service - status: r+ waiting to land for Monday
- bug 730821 - Don't do security enhancements on x64 Windows builds - status: landed - was needed since x64 builds aren't signed.
- bug 730862 - Provide the ability to disable signmar when building modules/libmar - status: landed - was needed because repackaged builds were broken.
- Some other update tasks but not directly related to this project.
Owner: Ehsan (Dev), Vlad Ghetiu (QA)
- want to start refactoring mozmill tests on Nightly branch to account for background update -- is it enabled on Nightly or are there test builds with updates we can reference?
Owner: Rob, Chris, Ioana Budnar (QA)
- No progress. This will likely be a feature of Firefox 14 or 15 as other work has been prioritized ahead of this work.
Getting the word out
- Found a bug last week related to Windows System Restore causing updates not to be found -- Rob is working on it -- should we be testing around this more closely? (bug 730285)
- No. There is a longer term plan to create restore points. Nothing to do in the short term.