< Project | Education | Pilot Fish
Part of the Pilot Fish project.
The content of this page is a work in progress intended for review.
Please help improve the draft!
Ask questions or make suggestions in the discussion
or add your suggestions directly to this page.
Information to Catalog
We likely want to catalog the following information:
- Program description, including details such as instructor name, instructor background, institution name, program name, degree or certificate granted, amount of FLOSS-related instruction, amount and type of hands-on FLOSS work, number of credits, length of program, number of students, grading strategy, student response to program, etc.
Information to Gather
Some of the information that we would like to gather may be sensitive to interviewees, such as:
- How FLOSS the instructor thinks that FLOSS is perceived on a national, regional, industrial, institutional, departmental basis, as well as by their students.
- Who/what motivated and sustains the program? This includes mentors, sponsoring organizations, etc.
- What resources would help improve the program?
We need to consider if this information is useful to gather and analyze.
Along with the interview, we should provide the educator with a link to the resources that we have collected.
Starting Points for the Catalog
- Participants in the FOSS Universities list
- Participants in the Open Source Initiative's OS education activities
- Participants in the Integrating FOSS into the Undergraduate Computing Curriculum Symposium
- Derek Keats
- Rob Cameron
- Chibi via Gen
- Networking out through the Mozilla affiliates
- Contacting other key open education sponsors (RedHat, TrollTech) to have them identify potential candidates
- Participants in the FLOSSCom project
- Telemark University University College
- map of the mozpad universe