: Etherpad users! We are developing an extension that will allow you to create pages from etherpads quickly and easily. Please visit our sandbox and help us test it.

QA/Automation/Meetings/140519

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Automation‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

previous meeting | Meetings | next meeting »

Dial in

 # When:     Every Monday at 8:45am PDT/PST
 # Vidyo:    https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=PGtLpx3XQGJz
 # Phone:    650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9654 (US/INTL)
 #           1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9654 (US)
 # IRC:      irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#automation
 # IRC logs: http://irclog.gr/#browse/irc.mozilla.org/automation

General

  • Attendees: Andreea, Cosmin, Andrei, Daniel, Henrik, Mihaela, Marc, Otilia, Srikar
  • Chair: Henrik
  • Notes: Daniel

Last Weeks Action Items

  • [CARRY OVER] [Kamil] Get back to Jim and let him know he can go ahead with the fix in try builds
  • [ON TRACK] [Andrei] Update mozmill-tests documentation for patch handling on MDN for github users
  • [DONE] [Henrik] get information on how to setup a blog on mozilla.com
    • We went with quality.mozilla.org as our blog for automation related events

Highlights

Roundtable

  • [Andreea] Some time ago we discussed that Cosmin and Daniel might become peers in the future. When would be a good time for this?
    • With the current amount of work on project goals and continue to maintain current tests, it might be a good idea to unblock myself and Andrei more
    • Henrik is also having a final review when big changes are involved, this will only improve the review timing for upcoming patches internally
  • [Cosmin] For running tps testruns right now we are using a single account, shouldn't we be creating a new account for each testrun and then delete it? if so where would be best to do that?

Goals Overview

Project Updates

Puppet for Mozmill CI (Henrik, Andreea, Andrei)

  • Current goal status:
    • We are all administrators now on puppetmaster - Henrik will document steps once we are clear what's necessary to know
    • Andreea started to work on the auto-start scripts for Jenkins clients
    • Henrik read through half of the Pro Puppet book and is ready to get started
  • Notes
    • TBD

TPS continuous integration (Henrik, Cosmin)

  • Current goal status:
    • Cosmin is working on the install/setup script for tps (mozilla-central)
    • Henrik determined location of machines - Bug has to be filed for the request
    • Cosmin will update the mozmill extension, so team members can get started to write tests.
  • Notes
    • TBD

Automation of important tests for Desktop QA (Daniel, Mihaela)

  • Current goal status:
    • Daniel uploaded first patch for one geolocation test bug 1008913
    • Mihaela & Catalin are working on 2 TPS tests.
  • Notes
    • TBD

Automation Trainings (Andreea, Cosmin)

  • Current goal status:
    • Blog post and invite sent
    • Ioana has promoted the event
    • Another reminder will be sent tomorrow
    • blog post and email with conclusions to be done on Thursday/Friday
  • Notes
    • TBD

Mozmill for Marionette (Andrei, Andreea)

  • Current goal status:
    • [ON TRACK] bug 754847 - Replace local httpd.js web server with mozhttpd
      • Mutt test and (most) mozmill tests passing with mozhttpd
      • current implementation is backwards compatible, only a very limited number of tests will need slight adjustments
  • To Do:
    • have base_url specified in the manifest file
    • check how marionette handles mozhttpd (and check API's to be compatible if possible)
  • Notes
    • TBD

Others

  • Mozmill (Henrik)
    • Fix for better shutdown/restart failure description will be added for review today (bug 975068)
    • Further shutdown fixes will land soonish
  • WebRTC (Nils)
    • New test case for closing PeerConnection.close() is landing (bug 991877)
    • TURN support for mochitests it landing (bug 1010007)

Softvision Updates

Desktop Automation

  • Goals progress:
  • Resolved Fixed:
    • Prepared for training day: blog post, email invite, tasks suggestions
    • bug 989922 - Test failure "Element.waitForElement(): Element 'ID: errorTitleText' has been found" in testSecurity/testSSLDisabledErrorPage.js
    • bug 1002394 - Test failure "Add-ons Manager has been opened" across addons tests
  • Working on:
    • Andreea
      • bug 1007106 - Auto-connect Jenkins slaves to the master
      • One and Done tasks
      • prepare blog post and email after the training day
    • Andrei
      • bug 754847 - Replace local httpd.js web server with mozhttpd
      • bug 1008135 - With Mozmill 2.0 application update logs are no longer printed to the console
    • Cosmin
      • [coversheet] Create Python script to download build and packaged tests, and for running the tests issue#17
      • bug 994102 - Search engines don't work right away after installation
      • bug 1009004 - Re-implement INSTALL.sh script as a python script
      • bug 982610 - Update TPS to use latest Mozmill 2.0.6
    • Daniel
      • bug 908649 - Refactor lib/downloads.js replacing the nsiDownloadManager backend with the new Downloads.jsm implementation
      • bug 996530 - Add new PlacesOrganizer UI library;
      • bug 994040 - Failures across several tests due to notification panel changes
      • bug 1008913 - Add test to verify geolocation sharing option "Always Share Location"
    • Mihaela
      • endurance results triage and issues investigation
        • new increase: bug 1011401 Memory increase in endurance testrun on Mac OS X since May 13
        • reopened bug 1000117 - Resident memory usage increase on Mac and Windows since April 9th
      • log tracking bugs for the tests for the Test Creation project
      • work on tests:
        • bug 967568 - Create Mozmill test for Firefox's safebrowsing feature
        • bug 947914 - Add test for the functionality of Panel Menu buttons in Australis
        • bug 987185 - Add test for the functionality of the Sync button when user is signed into an account

Personal Status

For the personal status please check the weekly status updates:

Meeting Notes

The meeting notes for this meeting can be read in the following etherpad:

If you missed the meeting you can also watch it in our archive.

Action items

  • [NEW] [Andreea] To test the fix for the windows notifications disabling