- 1 Discussion Items
- 2 Project Status
- 3 Round Table
- 4 Notes
- Action items from last week
- Take a look below, and see what needs follow up. Please add new notes for this week.
- BHAG discussion (Matt)
- Sync - Automate our world with Mozmill/TPS (tracy)
- Mobile (kevin)
- Services (James)
- John Morrison has joined the Services QA team. Will be sharing duties in Sync, Sync Server, and BrowserID.
- BrowserID build-out of Dev, Stage, Test/CI, and Prod is moving forward. Dev and Stage will be completed first, followed by Prod, then Test/CI.
- BrowserID Dev, QA, and OPs teams are ramping up to prepare for the full release to Production by the end of Q4.
- Discussions have started across teams to come up with automation solutions for BrowserID: client-side and server-side.
- Community Growth
- How are we tracking with our community team goals?
Execution (kevin, aaron)
- Native Fennec
- Tracking feature testing
- In process of merging to mozilla-central
Automation (martijn, John)
- Crash report simplified down to native UI
- bug 702624 - Crash Reporter crashes
- will most likely disappear if screenshot is removed
- bug 702624 - Crash Reporter crashes
- Manual Perf testing found regression in 9th ~ 10th build bug 702829
- Automation : still needs to get logged publically, almost there.
- Responsiveness group might get started by Taras? Need to ping him on that.
- Newsletter Template selected, content edited, need to combine and push out thurs/friday
- No client trains the past two weeks
- Using extra time to catch up on test case writing, Fennec native Sync test planning and other misc tasks
- Sync Server 11-03-2011 deployment of server-core (2.6.x) to syncstorage
- Maintenance Release: Sync Server 11-09-2011: Restart of syncstorage, keyexchange, ap, reg, and sreg gunicorns to change CEF logging destination
- Maintenance Release: Sync Server 11-15-2011: LDAP master failover
Test pilot (tracy)
- no extension work planned
- new broken extension study due soon. Will smoketest it when available.
- Completed Train 12: 11-03-2011: bug 699962 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2011.11.03 to production
- Completed Train 13: Bug 701934 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2011.11.10 to production
- Train 14 will include some testing on the new Dev and Stage environments
- Unit Test Automation through Addon/Jetpack
- Met with Max, got them to run, but something still looks odd
- doing Addon testing
- still getting 500 error
- requested virtual environment to do testing for pancake to see server side issues as well; possible server side automation
- Future Pancake version ideas are being hashed out in Toronto (iBarlow, Madhava, Stuart)
- Social Aspect (twitter/facebook search) being added to staging
- test plan
- WIP available at https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Browser_Technologies/WebAPI
- test pages
- now have battery, Vibrator, Camera (web sms, telephony, mozindexxeddb are in the works)
- native apps
- now have (for android) battery, device info (Geolocation, Accelerometer are next on the list)
- Litmus 
- Battery suite is complete. Vibrator, camera are next
- CC is still having some issues regarding rendering all testcases
- have been using Android framework for Android (go figure) am considering using QT for native apps for Windows, Mac, Linux
- automation frameworks
- Robocop got demo from Trevor regarding; hope to integrate it with my battery/info classes and begin playing around soon
- Marionette got first WIP build from MDAS; it's on my short list. Since it uses Python; would be interesting to try to integrate it with Lettuce (BDD)
- Let's make sure Native Fennec and Native Fennec Sync projects stay informed of each others status
- Tracy will begin attending Mobile team meetings.
Action Items from This Meeting
- jbonacci and nhirata to discuss at least a sync newsletter if not a btech newsletter
Past Action Items
- [DONE] mobile team to meet at 1:00
- [DROPPED] b-tech team: please try out crowdbot for fennec xul; and give feedback
- martijn : send out link to the crowdbot to the team
- tchung : talk about impact of other communities in the QA community meeting
- tchung : give bullets for browser tech on visibility for outreaching; show communities for each individual goals for people.
- tchung and mevans to talk about crowdbot off line
- [DONE] jbonacci : dashboard would be good idea. Spreadsheet is fine as well; relevant bugs, status, checklist items.