< QA | Desktop Firefox | StaffMeetings
- 1 Desktop QA Standup - June 4th, 2014
- 1.1 Dial-in Information
- 1.2 Heads-Up
- 1.3 Upcoming Schedule
- 1.4 Previous Action Items
- 1.5 Discussion Items
- 1.6 Channel Status
- 1.7 Security
- 1.8 Automation
- 1.9 Stability
- 1.10 Community
- 1.11 Notes and Actions
Desktop QA Standup - June 4th, 2014
- Wednesdays, 8:30am Pacific Time
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99779 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99779 (US)
- Vidyo Room: QA-Desktop
- Vidyo Guest URL
- Agenda and notes: etherpad
- Archives: wiki.mozilla.org
- Previous Meeting: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/SoftVision/Meetings/Desktop:2014-05-28
Attendees: juanb, Florin, KaiRo, tracy, mwobensmith, Mihaela, ashughes, Camelia, Cornel, Bogdan, Alexandra, Andrei, Francesca, petruta, Otilia
- Upcoming PTOs:
- National Holidays in Romania, Germany - June 9th
- Anthony Hughes working from San Francisco Monday & Tuesday, afk Wed & Thu for TRIBE, afk Friday for travel
- Firefox 31 Aurora Testday - Friday, May 30th - Completed
- Firefox automation training day (June 4th, June 11th)
Previous Action Items
- Testday attendance in US time zone is low.
- [Florin] 3 people helped with moderation for the US time frame during the past Aurora 31 Testday - 10 people contributed to the testday
- Bugs resolved fixed, label got added late in the sprint, bug examples, talk to Marco.
- [Florin] Sent to Juan via email a list of bugs that entered the sprint late, some after being Resolved Fixed outside of the sprint (4 bugs entered on Friday, 4 on Thursday)
- MozTrap. What's worth bug filing and what is worth having a discussion on? Let's talk to Clint about the larger issues (UX/UI). We need a list of major pain points, and specifics of what is an obstacle in MozTrap.
- [Florin] Still need to follow up on this
- Firefox QA Reorg, when are we going to go over this?
- There are a few nightly crash issues that need to be filed. Are any of the ADI issues having an effect in the crash rate for nightly? Maybe.
- Firefox QA reorg
- Bugzilla keywords proposal - we will decide a final version in 2 weeks. By the end of Q2.
- NEW bugs - we can set the firefox-backlog? flag on them. This puts them into a triage by Marco's iteration planning team. Criteria described here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/IterativeDevelopment#Backlog_Triage This may help get new Firefox bugs fixed promptly.
Feature List Discussion https://etherpad.mozilla.org/FirefoxQA-FeatureList
Beta (Fx 30) (Tracy/KaiRo)
- Still some concerns around Brazil banking crash bug 883134.
- pdf.js printing bug 1003707 should be fully fixed in RC builds.
Aurora (Fx 31) (Anthony/Liz)
- On track for merge to Beta on Monday
- Feature owners make sure you finish your pre-Beta sign-offs this week
Nightly (Fx 32) (Juan/Kamil)
- Working on filing stability bugs.
ESR (Fx 24.6)
- Security bug verification for Fx30 and ESR
Working on 8 P1 bugs
Automation training day (no. 3) going on today
Goals: Mozmill for Marionette - Mozhttpd bug 754847 has patch up
Goals: Test creation - Geolocation tests have patches, TPS tests received ok from Edwin regarding implementation
Goals: TPS - Landed bug 1009004. Next steps: Testing coversheet on windows and checking how to get it running there
Goals: Puppet - Henrik will work on a class for software settings, configurations, proxy
- Both beta and release have higher crash rates that liked/expected.
- On both, bug 1018236 (McAfee) is probably a main cause.
- On Beta, bug 883134 (Brazil banks) is another large contributor.
- This seems to have been introduced by poison-on-free patches in Fx30.
- Nightly has a number of high-ranking crashes, probably a number related to OMTC.
- OOM is probably the main issue across channels, a patch on nightly is near that could help there somewhat, but we need more analysis long-term - bsmedberg and his people are working on that.
- Baloo data import for Bugzilla (Desktop triage) is in progress. We should have that report soon
- github imports won't happen for q2. Moztrap imports might.
- Firefox OS, Services, and Automation are almost ready for handoff to the Baloo team.
One and Done use tripled in the last month! (From testdays, Nightly link) May 7: 305 non-staff contributors, 195 task attempts, 123 finished. Jun 2: 670 non-staff contributors, 444 task attempts. 302 finished.
Notes and Actions
- Metabug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=598873
- Mac shipped in Fx27: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=756601
- Some follow-up work for Mac is unresolved: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=958195
- Windows shipping in Fx32 with basic support: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=958195
- Work to enable it for D3D11 unresolved: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=899785
- Linux support is a ways off yet: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=722012