Desktop QA Meeting 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99779 (US/INTL) 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99779 (US) Vidyo Room: QA-Desktop Time of the meeting: 2pm pdt most tuesdays Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=RU7dVysDFakY Archive: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Desktop_Firefox/StaffMeetings#Meeting_Details Attendees
PTO Matt 9/19-9/20
- Whats New in Firefox
- Asa to give update
- Fx26 - Not yet landed but scheduled - Australis and Metro
- Both likely to slip.
- Australis may land but not be uplifted
- Metro - Touch panning scrolling and zooming is the last major feature to be completed
- Possible to do a 26 Preview shipped with release desktop version
- Pushing to have this work included inthe desktop version as well for Fx27
- New backend of all of our downloading
- New "middle" for places (bookmarks, history, autocomplete in awesome bar..)
vMake UI async from the backend processes (file IO and such)
- Password manager updates: Help fill in passwords in places that we currently don't (added password fields added after rendering, causing password manager to not see it)
- E10S - should start discussion with engineering to see preview of work in progress
- Sync update - focus on stability improvements with new persona integration
- Hope to be done this year..? Milestone 1 this year. but not released
- Click to play for everything (all plugins) but flash is coming soon. - Hidden behind prefs
- FHR - More reports to be available to the user - plans this year, implementation next.
- Translation : Biggest requested feature
- Social API - Adding "social marks" "thumbs up/share/liked" feature
- AMO policy changes request - forbid installation of add ons through local installers. - Not a done deal.
- Next year focus on customization and 3rd party integration
- Knowledge sharing
- Juan - Metro presentation in QA Staff
- Round Table
- Metro - Test day - very quite.
- Metro ship date still being debated
- Lab space (new building) - Make sure we have VNC server access for remote operation
- Investigate rack mounted hardware systems with removable drives
Notes Previous Action Items
New Action Items
- Revisit HW requirements list for new QA lab.