Web QA Q1 2016 Goals
Team Goals and Themes
- Move our test-automation code into each project’s main-development repository to enable faster feedback and visibility for developers
- Prototyping the future with new tools, skills, processes
- Transition Marketplace QA to the Firefox QA team based in Taipei.
- [DONE] Investigate using react.js for implementing task listing and searching features in One and Done
- [DONE] Move all of the functional Selenium WebDriver tests for One and Done into the application repository.
- [DONE] Regain Python/test-automation skills, in an effort to also help the team with reviews, in the short-term. Run our supported test-automation projects and submit pull requests for out-of-date requirements/dependencies, as a demonstration/application.
- [DONE] Complete transition of Bedrock automated tests from Web QA ownership
- [DONE] (unofficially) Move sumo-tests to kitsune repository
- Increase Python skills.
- Support mozilla.org deliverables, moz.org content redesign
- [ON TRACK] Move bouncer-tests into the dev repo - waiting for PR review, once merged bouncer-tests will transition to closed.
- [ON TRACK] Investigate the practicality of moving One and Done off of Heroku to AWS - Artifacts in draft-mode as a blog post.
Open-ended Questions for Q2
- How can we increase community contribution?
- How can we improve GitHub issue and review discovery?