QA/Execution/Web Testing/Meetings/2015-03-19

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Execution‎ | Web Testing‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Web QA Home

Meeting Details

Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.

Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific

Lead / Scribe

  • Lead:
    • Matt Brandt
  • Scribe:
    • Stephen Donner
    • Scribe is responsible for:
      • adding the action items and takeaways to the current meeting's minutes
      • creating the agenda for the next meeting and carrying the action items and takeaways over to it
      • sending out a notice of the availability of that agenda along with the meeting invite
      • completing all of the above by the end of the week during which the meeting occurred

Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week

  • Takeaways
  • Action Items:
    • [CARRY OVER] [davehunt] Selenium 2.45.0 is out. Let’s upgrade.
    • [CARRY OVER] [krupa] Look into add-ons API test URL and why it isn't using command-line argument
    • [CARRY OVER] [stephend] Speak to Craig Cook about why are our blog posts not being syndicated
    • [DONE] [mbrandt] Reach out to Tony Chung, All Billings, and Marcia Knous chung about the old Vimeo QA account. Do they know what the account credentials are?
    • [DONE] [davehunt] Look into procedure for getting VM disc images
      • I just filed a Service Now request for the Operating System (Windows 8.1) and got a link to a disc image and a license key. I then used the disc image to create a new VM in VMWare Fusion. I got VMWare Fusion also via a Service Now request. I think this is much easier than maintaining VM images ourselves.
    • [NEW] [rbillings] Based outcome of above, update wiki/intranet page
    • [NEW] [all] Read and contribute to the buildmaster etherpad
    • [DONE] [stephend] Post slides from brownbag
    • [DONE] [stephend] Upload video from brownbag to YouTube channel (and tweet about it)
    • [NEW] [all] Continue to discuss how to provide community with manual and automated tasks regularly
    • [NEW] [simon] Send out e-mail with times for a proposed weekly ZAP training session


  • [ON TRACK] Create pull requests for Web QA projects, simplifying the .travis.yml to only run * flake8 for suites where the browser tests are not currently passing
  • Ongoing issues with Zeus Load Balancers - IT is investigating -
    • Impact to Work: Multiple sites might be slow or affected

Discussion Items / Updates

Goals Check-in - 1st and 3rd meetings, monthly

Testdays and Sessions

Warning signWarning: This template is no longer in use. Please directly include the Web QA Events page instead.

The Web QA Events page shows any upcoming meetups, test days, and other events for the team.

Blog Ideas

Have ideas you want to blog about, or you think would make interesting topics? Note them here! this is a template, so update here please

Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell

Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)

  • High-priority/supported projects:
    • Marketplace / AMO
    • MozTrap
    • One and Done
    • Socorro
    • SUMO
  • Available for ownership:
    • Webmaker
    • REMO/Mozilla Reps
    • Wiki

CI Updates

If you've worked on Jenkins or Selenium Grid in the last week, add the necessary info in the Wiki

Community Update

Time off / Out-of-office

Warning signWarning: This template is no longer in use. Please directly include the Web QA PTO page instead.

PTO and other time out of office for Firefox Test Engineering

  • [davehunt] - October 26 - PTO
  • [davehunt] - December 12-14 - Honolulu marathon

Takeaways and Action Items

  • Takeways:
  • Action Items:

Action Items:

    • [rbillings] create/update wiki page on how to file a Service Now request for VM images
    • [mbrandt] move the buildmaster role content from etherpad to the Wiki
    • [stephend] have a section in the meeting template for the buildmaster
      • current
      • next
    • [stephend] share Andreas' document (from Laura) on continuous deployment/high-level strategy/direction update
  • Next owner / scribe: Madalin / Rebecca
  • Next week's meeting notes: