QA/Execution/Web Testing/Meetings/2015-05-14

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Execution‎ | Web Testing‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Web QA Home

Meeting Details

Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.

Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific

Lead / Scribe

  • Lead:
    • Rebecca
  • Scribe:
    • Bob
    • Scribe is responsible for:
      • adding the action items and takeaways to the current meeting's minutes
      • creating the agenda for the next meeting and carrying the action items and takeaways over to it
      • sending out a notice of the availability of that agenda along with the meeting invite
      • completing all of the above by the end of the week during which the meeting occurred

Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week

  • Action Items:
    • [DONE] [mbrandt] Talk to the mozillians team about the buildmaster role
    • [CARRY OVER] [davehunt] Audit which jobs are using Mac and check if they are needed
    • [NEW] [davehunt] shut down qa-selenium jenkins instance
    • [NEW] [bsilverberg] look into dashboards (marketplace, skips, xfails)
      • The marketplace dashboard will be removed as it is no longer needed with public Jenkins.
      • Bob with Dave to discuss cron job for the xfails dashboard.
        • Bob managed to push up-to-date data from his local machine for the xfails dashboard.
        • Dave found the cron jobs (they were on the old Jenkins box) and is looking into why they are no longer running.
        • We decided to recreate the xfails dashboard using Jenkins results rather than code introspection. This will be an ongoing effort.


Discussion Items / Updates

Goals Check-in - 1st and 3rd meetings, monthly

Testdays and Sessions

Warning signWarning: This template is no longer in use. Please directly include the Web QA Events page instead.

The Web QA Events page shows any upcoming meetups, test days, and other events for the team.

Blog Ideas

Have ideas you want to blog about, or you think would make interesting topics? Note them here! this is a template, so update here please

Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell

Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)

  • High-priority/supported projects:
    • Affliliates
    • Marketplace / AMO
    • MozTrap
    • One and Done
    • Socorro
      • Ongoing problems with the processors on production - investigation is ongoing
        • Major portion fixed "We found the problem with processors, root cause was extreme latency in Postgres responses in certain cases. We're looking into better monitoring in (in our new AWS environment) to detect this before it becomes a problem, according to our memory graphs things were getting bad over the past several weeks and only was enough for us to notice this past Sunday."
    • SUMO
  • Available for ownership:
    • Webmaker
    • REMO/Mozilla Reps
    • Wiki

CI Updates

If you've worked on Jenkins or Selenium Grid in the last week, add the necessary info in the Wiki

Community Update

Time off / Out-of-office

Warning signWarning: This template is no longer in use. Please directly include the Web QA PTO page instead.

PTO and other time out of office for Firefox Test Engineering

  • [davehunt] - October 26 - PTO
  • [davehunt] - December 12-14 - Honolulu marathon

Buildmaster (2-week duration)

  • Hands off to the next person at the end of the current Buildmaster's 2-week role, in the Web QA Thursday meeting


Warning signWarning: This template is no longer in use. Please directly include the Web QA BuildMaster Rotation page instead.

The Web QA Buildmaster Rotation page contains the past and upcoming schedule.

These entries are in reverse chronological order.

  • 2016-05-05 - 2016-05-19 - stephend
  • 2016-04-21 - 2016-05-05 - mbrandt
  • 2016-04-07 - 2016-04-21 - davehunt
  • 2016-03-24 - 2016-04-07 - rbillings
  • 2016-03-10 - 2016-03-24 - krupa

Takeaways and Action Items

  • Takeaways:
  • Action Items:
    • [CARRY OVER] [davehunt] Audit which jobs are using Mac and check if they are needed
    • [CARRY OVER] [davehunt] shut down qa-selenium jenkins instance
    • [NEW] [bsilverberg] look into how removing unittestzero will affect our code
      • will we need to write extra assertion messages for most of the assertions?
    • [NEW] [rbillings] talk to the SUMO team about the need for mobile tests
    • [NEW] [davehunt] email the team mailing list before merging the sumo-tests pull request that removes credentials
    • [NEW] [mbrandt] reach out to the Firefox Friends team to find out what, if anything, we can do for them
    • [NEW] [rbillings] send out a notice that there will be a discussion next Wednesday about third-party built Mozilla web site (e.g., Firefox Friends)
    • [NEW] [mbrandt] update the README to let contributors know that the project is being sunsetted
    • [NEW] [stephend] send an email to the mailing list about upcoming statutory holidays

Next Meeting

  • Next owner / scribe: davehunt / madalin
  • Next week's meeting notes: