- 1 Meeting details
- 2 Lead / Scribe
- 3 Last week's action items
- 4 Discussion items
- 5 Goals Check-in - 1st and 3rd meetings, monthly
- 6 Testdays and Sessions
- 7 Blog Ideas
- 8 Lightning talks
- 9 Project status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- 10 CI updates
- 11 Community update
- 12 Time off / Out-of-office
- 13 PTO and other time out of office for Firefox Test Engineering
- 14 Buildmaster (2-week duration)
- 15 Action items
- 16 Next Meeting
Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.
Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific
Lead / Scribe
- Scribe is responsible for:
- adding the action items and takeaways to the current meeting's minutes
- creating the agenda for the next meeting and carrying the action items and takeaways over to it
- sending out a notice of the availability of that agenda along with the meeting invite
- completing all of the above by the end of the week during which the meeting occurred
Last week's action items
- [DONE] [bsilverberg] See whether the SUMO mobile tests can be run.
- Updated tests to run/pass, created Jenkins jobs and sent email to team.
- [DONE] [davehunt] Determine how we can share ownership of the WebQA Vidyo room and control recording.
- We can schedule recurring events to be recorded and published via Air Mozilla.
- [DONE] [davehunt] Modify meeting notes template to remove references to "Takeaways".
- [DONE] [davehunt] Update Selenium to 2.46 on our grid.
- I also upgraded our default Firefox version to 38.0.5
- [DONE] [davehunt] Review and update Saucelabs Selenium and Firefox versions to the latest supported versions.
- Selenium: 2.45.0 (held back due to Safari issue)
- Firefox: 37.0 (held back due to Selenium version)
- [NEW] [davehunt] Update the two Mac Minis to OS X 10.10.
- stephend to provide on-site support if needed.
- [NEW] [stephend] Make sure to schedule a discussion at Whistler about unsupported projects.
- Talked to Catherine; can't schedule it separately (no more room when I asked), but we can use our existing booked time/room
- [davehunt] IRC channel
- [davehunt] Buildmaster swap during PTO?
- [mbrandt] Schedule a buildmaster postmortem now that the team has cycled through the role once?
- [mbrandt] Outcomes from the Boulder QA meetup - What Continuous Delivery Means for Testers
- [bsilverberg] FxA team has ~300 selenium tests for FxA, which use Intern
- Here's a brief presentation on it: https://vladfilippov.com/talks/js-testing-the-intern-2014
- Marketplace stage uses FxA prod, which requires us to create prod FxA accounts, which seems less than ideal
- a list of FxA environments is available at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/Firefox_Accounts/Introduction#Firefox_Accounts_deployments
- [bsilverberg] FxAPom v1.3 has been released, which allows direct control of which environment is used to create test accounts
- our suites that use it are pinned to v1.2 so we can update at our leisure
- it contains a breaking change, so the suites will need to be changed (a small change) in order to update
- [mbrandt] Whistler - per Laura's email - Have we decided on a /thing/ or /project/ to complete?
- [davehunt] Thoughts on a Periscope/Meerkat account?
Goals Check-in - 1st and 3rd meetings, monthly
- working-ideas Etherpad here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/webqa-goals-2015-q2
Testdays and Sessions
The Web QA Events page shows any upcoming meetups, test days, and other events for the team.
Have ideas you want to blog about, or you think would make interesting topics? Note them here! this is a template, so update here please
- I encourage us all to do posts similar to: https://blog.mozilla.org/webqa/2014/11/21/i-am-mozilla-web-qa-meet-stephen-donner/
- Posts are live (most recent first)
- Stephen will demo New Relic (Python exceptions/tracebacks, performance, JS exceptions, etc.)
- Stephen will quickly demo Cloud Services Ops'-provisioned AWS instance of webpagetest.org
Project status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- High-priority/supported projects:
- Marketplace / AMO
- One and Done
- New Jenkins Job - socorro.prod.mocotools.saucelabs
- Available for ownership:
- REMO/Mozilla Reps
If you've worked on Jenkins or Selenium Grid in the last week, add the necessary info in the Wiki
Time off / Out-of-office
PTO and other time out of office for Firefox Test Engineering
- [davehunt] - October 26 - PTO
- [davehunt] - December 12-14 - Honolulu marathon
Buildmaster (2-week duration)
- Hands off to the next person at the end of the current Buildmaster's 2-week role, in the Web QA Thursday meeting
The Web QA Buildmaster Rotation page contains the past and upcoming schedule.
These entries are in reverse chronological order.
- 2016-05-05 - 2016-05-19 - stephend
- 2016-04-21 - 2016-05-05 - mbrandt
- 2016-04-07 - 2016-04-21 - davehunt
- 2016-03-24 - 2016-04-07 - rbillings
- 2016-03-10 - 2016-03-24 - krupa
- [CARRY OVER] [davehunt] Update the two Mac Minis to OS X 10.10.
- stephend to provide on-site support if needed.
- [NEW] [stephend] Add unsupported projects brainstorm to Whistler etherpad
- [NEW] [stephend] Get Google calendar meeting invite for unsupported projects during Whistler
- [NEW] [stephend] Make all paid staff ops in internal IRC channel
- [NEW] [stephend] Add meeting to discuss QA/Continuous deployment at Whistler
- [DONE] [davehunt] Set up airmo repeat meeting, goal is to start recording at start of Q3
- First recorded event will be our July 2nd meeting, which I will not be around for. I believe Stephen is also away, so we'll need someone to assist.
- [DONE] [davehunt] Update buildmaster rotation to swap shift w/mbrandt
- [NEW] [bsilverberg] Add issues to marketplace and marketplace gaia explaining why to keep pinned version
- [DONE] [davehunt] Create team Periscope account
- Next owner / scribe: Bob / Valentina
- Next week's meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Execution/Web_Testing/Meetings/2015-07-02