Fennec 5.0 Beta Test Plan
- Current Milestone: Firefox mobile 5
- Release: June 14th
- QA Contact: Kevin Brosnan
- IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org#qa kbrosnan
- Builds: Firefox 5.0b6 | changeset | pushlog
The current cycle for Firefox mobile beta is focused on stabilizing for release and verifying fixes that will ship with Firefox 5.
- Track using [fennec5.0b6] in the whiteboard
Milestone: Firefox mobile 5.0b6
Known Issues: The following issues are already known and should not be reported again
- bug 628269 - Pages are zoomed in at reload
- bug 639504 - Unable to zoom in/out a webpage on header/footer when a double tap gesture is made
Smoketests cover broad areas of testing for Firefox mobile. These represent core functions of the browser. Any failures during the smoketest should be addressed before continuing with the other testing.
|Ioana||Android 2.3 Nexus S||June 14th|
Basic functional tests cover specific features and ensure continued quality.
|Anna, Andreea & Nicolae||Android 2.2||June 14|
Features Exploratory Testing
Identify the feature, description of the testing you performed, the device you tested on and any bugs filed
- SSL testing
- Mozilla public wifi
- Visit https:// page
- Authenticate via the captive portal
- reboot the phone
Verified Larry info was correct for each site and that each favicon was assigned the correct color background.
- results - all sites passed
Verify the bug fixes which landed for this beta cycle.
- bug 650858 - Instantiating nsICertOverrideService at startup throws NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE and makes Firefox unusable
- bug 619201 - *Backout* nsCertOverrideService needs to initialize on the main thread to use the directory service
Additional changes that are picked up from Core/Toolkit can be found at the mobile pushlog.
Issues Found/Reopened Bugs
L10N Spot Checks
Light testing on featured locales to ensure strings fit the space allotted and there are no entity errors from missing or corrupt localizations.
Review website copy for error and suggest items that should make the release notes/known issues
No changes planned
Once the build is live on the Android market test that updating and installing works on a variety of devices and Android OS versions. Once the update is complete upgrading should preserve the users profile settings.