Fennec 5.0 Beta Test Plan
- Current Milestone: Firefox mobile 5
- Release: No market release planned
- QA Contact: Kevin Brosnan
- IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org#qa kbrosnan
- Builds: Firefox 5.0b5 | changeset | pushlog
- Firefox mobile smoketests
- Firefox mobile basic functional tests (BFT)
- Feature exploratory testing
- Validating fixes
- L10N spot checks
- Website signoff
- Update Testing
The current cycle for Firefox mobile beta is focused on stabilizing for release and verifying fixes that will ship with Firefox 5.
- Track using [fennec5.0b5] in the whiteboard
Milestone: Firefox mobile 5.0b5
Known Issues: The following issues are already known and should not be reported again
- bug 628269 - Pages are zoomed in at reload
- bug 639504 - Unable to zoom in/out a webpage on header/footer when a double tap gesture is made
Smoketests cover broad areas of testing for Firefox mobile. These represent core functions of the browser. Any failures during the smoketest should be addressed before continuing with the other testing.
Basic functional tests cover specific features and ensure continued quality.
Features Exploratory Testing
Identify the feature, description of the testing you performed, the device you tested on and any bugs filed
- See the L10N section
Verify the bug fixes which landed for this beta cycle.
- bug 653133 - Fennec crashes when loading a page with huge background-attachment:fixed background
- bug 662559 - No sign-offs for Danish, Norwegian for Firefox 5 Mobile (was also German, Polish)
Additional changes that are picked up from Core/Toolkit can be found at the mobile pushlog.
Issues Found/Reopened Bugs
L10N Spot Checks
Light testing on featured locales to ensure strings fit the space allotted and there are no entity errors from missing or corrupt localizations.
Review website copy for error and suggest items that should make the release notes/known issues
Once the build is live on the Android market test that updating and installing works on a variety of devices and Android OS versions. Once the update is complete upgrading should preserve the users profile settings.