Fennec 6.0 Beta Test Plan
- Current Milestone: Firefox mobile 6
- Release: Friday July 29th
- QA Contact: Kevin Brosnan
- IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org#qa kbrosnan
- Builds: Firefox 6.0b5 | changeset | pushlog
|Anna||Android||Completed - August 5th|
|Andreea||Maemo - N900||Completed - August 5th|
|Andreea||Tablet||Completed - August 5th|
Lite verification tests (or smoketests) will be first run when the builds are ready. Tests are available on litmus under the Fennec 6.0 Test Suite. In any case of failure in any Smoketest, blockers need to be raised ASAP before proceeding to the BFTs.
BFTs for 6.0 Features
|Cristian, Anna||Android||Completed, August 5th|
BFTs are a more comprehensive set of litmus tests that cover functional testing of features that have landed on Fennec 6. Tests are available on litmus under the Fennec 6 Test Suite.
Verify tests against the following devices - smoketest and BFTs
|Andreea||HTC Incredible 2||DA Ticket: #15137-19289|
|Andreea||HTC Evo Shift 4G||Completed - August 5th|
L10N Spot Checks
Light testing on featured locales to ensure strings fit the space allotted and there are no entity errors from missing or corrupt localizations.
Work includes wrapping up bug verifications from the Aurora channel. There are no specific beta bug fixes in this first release.
Mobile bugs fixed in this release
- bug 676052 - Android Gingerbread 2.3.5 - 2.3.7 theme fix
- bug 671818 - Play a webm file report error after fennec 6.0 crash [@ mozilla::gfx::ScaleYCbCrToRGB565]
- bug 673378 - Crash at nsHTMLCanvasElement::GetContext (might be desktop only check beta 4 for the crash)
- bug 636042 - Serif font fix for Saumsung phones with a bad font file
- bug 675236 - portrait view shifted on tablet awesomescreen
Issues Found/Reopened Bugs
Web Content Review
Review web content prepared for the release. Make sure that the bugs fixed in the release are noted and that version numbers through the document are correct. Read through the document and look for other inconsistencies.
Signoff on update/install
After Firefox is released to the Android market verify that updating and installing Firefox mobile works on several devices. Send an email to release drivers on completion of this work.