- 1 Firefox QA Standup - August 26th, 2015
- 1.1 Dial-in Information
- 1.2 Discussion Items
- 1.3 Major New Desktop Features status
- 1.4 Project Updates
- 1.5 Notes and Actions
- 1.6 Heads-Up
- 1.7 Community
- 1.8 Channel Status
- 1.9 Security
- 1.10 Automation (whimboo)
Firefox QA Standup - August 26th, 2015
- Wednesdays, 8:30am Pacific Time
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99779 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99779 (US)
- Vidyo Room: QA
- Vidyo Guest URL
- Agenda and notes: etherpad
- Archives: wiki.mozilla.org
- Previous Meeting: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Firefox/TeamMeetings/Firefox-QA-Staff-08-19-2015
Attendees: Florin, Andrei, Cornel, Ioana, Mihai, Paul, Teo
- [Florin] Desktop General status - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/DesktopManualQAWeeklyStatus
- Builds sign off - 41 Beta 3 & 4
- WebRTC Smoke testing - Aurora 42
- Feature testing
- Main focus:
- Build sign offs - 41 Beta 5 & 6, 40.0.3, 38.2.1
- WebRTC Smoke testing - Aurora 42 - issues investigation
- Feature testing
- [Ioana] Mobile updates:
- Aurora Sign Off fro update s- Fennec 42
- Fennec 41 Beta 4
- almost done - mail coming soon
- no major bug found
- No major features update s
Major New Desktop Features status
- [Andrei & Cornel] Windows 10
- Investigated a few issues related to the Fx40 installer.
- Currently testing Edge migration. A few issues were encountered, but they are already filled as dependencies of bug 1163644 (https://bugzil.la/1163644 ).
- [Bogdan] Hello - Text Chat (Fx 41) (read only)
- No updates
- [Ica] Add-ons Signing (Fx 41) (read-only)
- No updates.
- [Paul] Control Center (Fx 42)
- No updates, continued with bugs verification
- [Florin] Async Plugin (Fx 41)
- No updates. If issues won't get fixed, the feature may be backed out from Firefox 41 - https://bugzil.la/1198590
- Metrics / Dashboards (KaiRo)
- Stability (KaiRo)
- we want to get new signature generation (bug 1171437) live soon
- EME automation + YouTube MSE automation [sydpolk]
- maja_zf working on mozharness script(s) to run firefox_media_tests in buildbot + preliminary work to move the tests into m-c
- maja_zf improved ad detection on YouTube for firefox-media-tests, which fixes our top intermittent failure for long-running playback tests. Still need to tweak how video stalls are detected
- syd_polk - back from PTO. Fixed partial playback of videos, which allows better sanity checks.
Notes and Actions
- Upcoming PTOs:
- Alexandra Lucinet - Aug 24 - Sep 4
- Bogdan Maris - Aug 31 - Sep 11
- Camelia Badau - Aug 31 - Sep 9
- US/Canada Holiday September 7
- Syd Polk in Mountain View September 1-September 5; at Jenkins Conference in Santa Clara Sept. 3-Sept.4.
Release (Fx 40)(Desktop - KaiRo Mobile - Ioana/Kevin)
- 40.0.3 release coming tomorrow (there probably will be another build), mostly for two security bugs and some ride-alongs.
Beta (Fx41) (Desktop - KaiRo Mobile - Ioana/Kevin)
- Once again, stability looks really good
- We need to investigate if we fix async plugin init or need to turn it off - if the latter, we run into the issue that e10s disables it in nightly and dev edition.
Aurora (Fx 42) (Desktop - KaiRo Mobile - Ioana/Kevin)
Nightly (Fx 43) (Desktop - KaiRo Mobile - Ioana/Kevin)
ESR (Fx 38.2.0)
- Last week we had to release Mozmill 126.96.36.199 because of add-on breakage due to add-on signing. All works fine again for Firefox 40.
- Our publishing of test results to Treeherder works great with nearly no emails to the mozmill-ci mailing list anymore. It also makes retriggereing of builds easy enough. See the results of the release builds from today: https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=mozilla-release&revision=583a1d95348f&exclusion_profile=false
- Funsize (new update generation process) broke our update tests about 1.5 weeks ago. A fix has been landed and staging is already running update tests. production will follow tomorrow after all releases have been tested.
- Work is ongoing to make test execution and reporting to treeherder more stable. Means we convert our custom runner scripts to mozharness, which should hopefully not take that long
- We are planning to reduce our infrastructure by utilizing TaskCluster for our tests. It looks like that we should first land our tests in m-c first, which will make things way easier due to already existent scripts and configs