QA/Mozmill Test Automation/Test Modules Refactor
|Tracking Bug(s)||bug 604700|
The purpose of this project is to ensure all tests are implemented using an agreed style guideline. The workflow of this project will mostly be parallel with the Shared Modules Refactor project. This project will be rolled out in multiple phases.
The Mozmill Style Guide v1.0 has been created. The following refactoring work is an effort to implement those guidelines throughout the mozmill-tests repository. This refactoring will be implemented in multiple phases, outlined below.
|Goal||Implement lowest hanging fruit, make all tests reflect the styleguide|
|bug|| Replace all constants with CONSTANTS
|bug||Replace discrete, unchanging values with CONSTANTS|
|bug||Migrate tests away from testGeneral|
|bug||All test pages in LOCAL_TEST_PAGES array|
|bug||Replace waitForEval() with waitFor() where possible|
|bug||Replace DELAY/TIMEOUT with waitFor() where possible|
|bug|| License block formatting
|bug|| All error messages use format:
|bug|| Whitespace formatting
|bug||Replace sleep() with waitFor() where possible|
|bug||Extract any new elementslib... from function parameter list|
|bug||Replace all array iteration with Array.forEach()|
|bug||Replace anonymous functions with named functions|
|bug||Adopt consistent commenting style|
|bug||All iterators as i, not ii|
|bug||Adopt consistent conditional cuddling|
|bug||All included modules should use variable names starting with capital|
|bug||All conditionals use !== or ===|
Note: The above comes from the agreed to refactoring guidelines
Goal: Bring tests in-line with Shared Module Refactor
- Generally Agreed
- We should always use the triple operator to not experience strange behavior
- ===/!== instead of ==/!=
- Variables for imported modules have to start with a capital letter
- i.e. var Tabs = require(".../tabs")
- Class names have to start with a capital letter
- setupModule(module) and teardownModule(module) have to specify the module parameter
- If variable name contains an acronym, capitalize the acronym
- Error messages should use the following format:
- Boolean: "<element> is <state>."
- Value: "<element> is <state>: got 'value', expected 'value'"
- Example: "Password notification is visible"
- Example: "mozilla.org is loaded: got '<loaded_domain>', expected 'mozilla.org'"
- sleep() should be avoided and only used when...
- element is not immediately available
- state is not immediately available
- waitFor() fails to capture event
- Needs Discussion
- TestFilesAPI for loading of test files
- We should have a module specific to loading of test files
- We should also check how we can make sure those locations are easily replacable with other servers (apache, ...)
- Parameters should be named using aParam format
- shows that a variable inside a long function is a parameter and hasn't been declared locally
- Constant scope - should they be global and local?