QA/QA Community/Meetings/2011-07-13

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Community Home | next mtg »

QA Community Team Meeting

  • July 13, 2011
  • Attendees: matt, owen, juanb, abillings, marcia, james, ashughes

Upcoming Testdays

Discussion Items

Project Status

Community Building/Events (ideas and progress) [marcia/tomcat/ashughes]

  • Firefox Testdays Cadence
    • Firefox Beta testday 1 week after merge
    • Firefox Aurora testday 4 weeks after merge
    • Desktop, Mobile, Sync inclusive
    • Leaves 2 days / month for "other" testdays

QA Videos [marcia]

  • Met with Juan and David Boswell last week to discuss improving the situation for contribution on the nightly landing page. Suggestion made to have a video on that page. On 7/21 we will shoot that video.
  • "Making Mozilla Better" video added to the Contribute site (bug filed)
  • We now have a Media Tab on QMO so we should add any relevant presentations, etc so that part of the site is populated with content.

QMO [abillings]

  • Revisit why there is a Community tab on QMO [owen]
  • Review the open bug regarding videos on the Media tab [marcia]
  • Encourage people to have their blogs listed on QMO [marcia]
    • Get this added to the new hire page if it is not already there


Meeting Notes/Action Items

Action Items/Notes from (20110713) meeting

  • GTAC - Matt will register team. Something around test automation - demo hot tools in automation. October 26-27, 2011 in Mt. View
  • Firefox Testday Cadence
    • Best time for Beta test day is one week after the merge
    • Best time for Aurora test day is 4 weeks after the merge
    • ashughes to create public page to suggest topics
  • QMO
    • - do we really need it? owen is confused and other people may be confused.
    • File a bug to remove the QA Community Team Page
    • How we do our org chart internally-and how we present to community does not have to be a 1:1 correlation.

Action items from (20110615) meeting

  • marcia and owen to meet to talk about badging rewards

Action items from (20110601) meeting

Action Items from (20110518) meeting

  • [DONE] ashughes to add TestDay checklist info to and also make the schedule a static link
  • 'Marcia to add a Brainstorming scrumpad to Community page where suggestions can be made such as improvements to QMO, video ideas, etc.'
  • Marcia to follow up with Rainer to get the video of the QA team at Whistler
  • Marcia to Dig deeper with Mary about events after Friday meeting
  • Tracy owes Tony a video for sync - Introduction to Sync - Tips and Tricks on how to test
  • Al to get TwoPress URL - maybe look at it once it is up on QMO staging site
  • Expansion of testdays into the European and Asian

timezones. Softvision can help us here. Henrik sees this as very impt. to the expansion of our community