QA Services Team Meeting
- April 20, 2010
- Attendees: mevans, tomcat, whimboo, aakashd, marcia, tchung, marco, martijn
QMO2 Update [aakashd]
- QMO2 - Tentative Release Date 6/1
- Day to stuff will not move off wiki to QMO
- How to create QMO.next wiki - posted as a document
- Bootstrapped to a local server - staging server. Wednesday of this week?
- QMO 2 - professional look and feel
- Communication in and around - what we expect community members would want
- Around 2-3 minute video QA promo video should be ready by launch
- QA team videos will follow after the Summit
- Continuing to monitor trunk crashes
- Are we getting Recognition for these efforts?
- marcia gives a summary via weekly status report
- Recognized chris hofmann and damon
- Objective: Quarterly goal - bring down the # of security bugs
- tomcat and marcia attending weekly meetings
Accessibility Status Update [marco]
- concentrating on trunk with some fixes we deem interesting to 3.6 and
- on trunk checked on huge performance boost that made certain sites
- faster to load into a Windows screen reader by a factor of 10-12.
- HTML Form element work, tel #, date address
- Performance - talos tests goal for this quarter
- Basically reorganize some event code in the early part of the 3.next
cycle - does not affect 3.6. this was a regression in 3.7a1. In the process we made pages like Facebook - even faster in 3.7.
Community Events [marcia]
- Germany Meetups - monthly basis and continuing to progress well - Munich - Mozilla will be at the Berlin event
- Tomcat presenting at Drumbeat event in Berlin
- Presentation about meetups in Munich. Get new community members involved
- Mountain View Meetups
- Weave Meetup - June?
- AI: Tchung to coordinate this meetup and get it advertised well in advance of the event. Target date should be June 17.
- Fennec Meetup - Continue to expose the projects were working on, have developers show up and talk about it
- Hosting Selenium Meetup on May 19. Coordinated by stephend and raymond.
- Weave Meetup - June?
- Tomcat's approach
- Tomcat uses email - follow up with people after the event - audience
- A number of companies why to use open source, people working for other open
source projects. Regularly get 30-40 participants - 8 months - 50
- Hosting a May 22 workshop on the weekend where they do live testing.
- Advertising ideas for meetups- Linked in,
- Hold a Contest -> Tshirt will be offered?
- Matt raised the idea that we might not be getting enough of a ROI on our meetups.
- May not be offering enough value
- Need concrete goals - what is the value presented and are we promoting properly.
- Reporter [aakashd]
- Getting some headway - UI elements - figure out how we can make funneling this feedback into something usable. Talk to Tomcat and Marcia about funneling feedback - new broken website reporter.
Agenda items for next week [marcia]
- Community mixer at the Summit
- How do we take advantage of working with our community while we are there?
- AI: Bring video camera to tape and provide QA Perspective on the Summit?
- AI: Create a Weekly status report that can be included in the report at the Firefox/Platform Team meeting