Softvision Desktop Standup - September 25th, 2013
- Wednesdays, 9am Pacific Time
- Telephone: QA-Desktop
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99779 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99779 (US)
- Vidyo Room: QA-Desktop
- Vidyo Guest URL
- Agenda and notes: etherpad
- Archives: wiki.mozilla.org
- Previous Meeting: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/SoftVision/Meetings/Desktop:2013-09-18
- Upcoming PTOs
- Mihai Morar - October 3rd to 7th
- Bogdan Maris - October 4th to 8th and 14th to 18th
- Alexandra Lucinet - October 11th
- juanb Sept 26-28
- Q4 PTO planning http://bit.ly/1h0Q4fd
- Firefox 25.0 Beta 3 Testday - Friday, September 27th
- No Thu/Fri Beta next week due to summit (Fx25 will have 9 Betas)
Previous Action Items
- [done] [Anthony] Good First Bug verification proposal
- [done] [ioana] get new contributors to use bugdays tags in comments.
- Focus tranzition - next steps?
- uplifts out of control?
- Good First Verify Proposal concerns
- context: Bug Verification Day contributors were complaining about mostly finding difficult bugs in the queries. They were wasting a lot of time just trying to understand and ask for help. eventually giving up. We wanted to find a way to provide them with a list of bugs anyone can verify, so this doesn't happen again. -- the proposal as I have written it does not necessarily solve this problem, I wrote it more in mind of new people coming in and less about people already involved -- it could use some tweaking to address this stakeholder
- [good first verify] might confuse some of the contributors, as most of those looking for such bugs know how to verify them and are just looking for accessible bugs. A simple re-wording could solve this.
- returning contributors probably don't need a mentor -- time spent finding mentors could be wasted in this case -- Perhaps it would be better to have one person assigned as a bug verification mentor (still need at least one mentor to mitigate the risk of people actually in need of mentorship not getting it).
Notes and Actions
- "Chasing beta"
- Next steps in transition (start this week and next):
- bug triage, investigation in Aurora
- one person in bug verifications in Aurora (Ioana)
- no change in beta
- Get together with mobile team to discuss what should define criteria for uplift
- Go over this during desktop team meeting
- Tracy/Ioana to propose revision to Anthony's wiki doc for review
- Proposing: "easy verify"
- Mentoring: qa-contact field, sending out information to mailing lists, test plan information, and bug email prepferences. Overcommunicate.
- Anthony to revise wiki doc
- [ioana] Find a person to be a community mentor for bug verifications, and one person to work on Aurora bug verifications.