Personal tools

QA/StaffMeetings/QA-Staff-01-18-2012

From MozillaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

Contents

QA Staff Meeting Notes January 18, 2012

Meeting Details

 # Every other Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 #
 # Vidyo:  https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=UK1zyrd7Vhym
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#qa

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
  • Upcoming Events
    • Jan 20th: Web Apps Extension Based Testing testday this Friday (David Clarke)
    • Feb 3rd - 5th: FOSDEM
      • Anyone else beside Henrik participating this event?
      • Henrik's talk has been approved - which proposal will have the biggest value?
        • CI for Mozmill tests with the focus on localizers and l10n tests
        • Our efforts on investigating memory and GC issues in Firefox (MemChaser extension)
        • General Mozilla QA activities
  • PTOs

Discussion Items

  • Next QA work week?

QA Team Updates

Desktop Firefox

  • Firefox 9.0.1 Post-Mortem was held today (notes) -- any notes/actions for QA?
  • Firefox Beta (Juan)
    • 10.0b5 builds are available, targeting sign-off by Friday
    • Default Compatible Add-ons
    • GC/CC testing (Cameron, Bob)
      • Daily standup meeting regarding this daily at 3 PM.
      • See Alex's emails for next steps
  • Firefox Aurora (Anthony)
    • All tests for features should be in Litmus by the end of the week so we can do a pre-beta feature sign-off testrun
  • Silent Update (Anthony)
    • UAC Service has landed on Nightly for about a week -- if you use Windows daily, please dogfood nightly -- UAC should not prompt for update authorization
  • Snappy (Anthony)
    • Thank you to Jason Smith for helping Taras and I with cache testing
    • Discovered that we do particular poorly on huffingtonpost.com (see bug 718864)
    • More opportunities to test will be coordinated as needed
  • Crash Investigation
  • Firefox ESR (Anthony, Al)
    • ownership being transferred to Anthony this week
    • 3.6.25 -> 9.0.1 Major Update happening tomorrow (delayed 1 day due to SOPA protest)
  • Desktop Automation (Anthony)
    • Brasstacks outage is preventing us from checking in patches (dependency for verification of patches) and providing detailed results for release sign-off testing

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Overview (tony)
    • Last week's Apps workweek discussed roadmap
      • Top discussions: mozApp Api's, new platform APi's (support for B2G, desktop, android), and cross team collaboration
    • Services work week is Week of Jan 17th
      • Top discussions: Sync on Android, BrowserID+Sync, & Sagrada Services
    • B2G/WebAPIs Workweek is last week of Feb
    • Mobile World Congress is Week of Feb 27th
  • Sync (Tracy)
    • Native Sync for Android landed on M-C
      • Currently only supports Bookmarks and History engines
      • Tabs and Password engines are next.
    • Add-on Sync is ready to move with Beta uplift
  • Test pilot (tracy)
    • We may turn off click to call study
    • building Test Pilot as a jetpack?
  • Sync Server (jbonacci, jrgm)
    • Completed the deployment to Stage and associated testing:
      • Bug 717073 - Update reg and sreg to server-core 2.7-2, and change over to services.user for the backend lib
      • Bug 701941 - Metabug for getting rid of services.auth
      • Bug 715184 - Sync CEF Logging Bug
      • Bug 716547 - Sync error messages
    • Upcoming Maintenance Window for SSL Certs


  • BrowserID (jbonacci, jrgm)
  • Completed Train 18: Bug 715728 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.01.05 to production
      • This train included support for primaries (disabled/off)
    • Next two trains:
      • Train 19
        • Localization in the code, disabled/off
      • Primaries in the code, enabled/on
      • Train 20
        • Localization in the code, enabled/on
  • Firefox Home (nhirata)
    • Waiting for changes to take place
  • WebAPI (jhammink)
    • mostly focus has switched to b2g; monitoring landed apis as second tasks
  • b2G (jhammink)
    • now building, test driving marionette against b2g on both devices and emulator; have gaia (frontend) working after resolving one bug
    • coming soon - blog post coming for:
      • setting up b2g build env (with and without marionette)
      • building/flashing (for both emulator and device)
      • using marionette
        • interactively with python
        • scripted python
        • scripted Javascript
    • test plan in the works
      • main focus is functionality for MWC congress demo (last week Feb)
        • test plan will cover mainly functionality (use-cases), (but also reliability, performance, security tbd)
    • attending B2G workweek in feb

WebQA (Stephen)

  • Affiliates:
    • release today
    • Blayne, new contributor will be working on automation
    • rshetty continues to verify releases
  • AMO - Marketplace
    • Pushing changes to UpdateInfo on AMO
    • Testing D2C
    • attended Apps workweek last week
    • planning for marketplace automation
  • Engagement Projects
    • Careers is in process
    • DTPT 80% done
  • Input
    • not seeing active development
    • big thanks to davehunt for updating our Selenium tests so we are green again
  • Mozilla.com
  • Mozillians:
    • community driven test plan
  • MDN
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • 1/10 release and 1/17 release went out
    • 1/24 release in process

Community (Marcia)

  • David Boswell has suggested setting up a standing weekly meeting for us to come up with and execute an action plan for bringing more contributors into all areas of QA.
    • More details about meetings and plans can be tracked on the

QA Stewards Page

    • David owns the calendar entry so please contact him if you wish to be added to the meeting. Right now it is on calendar for 4 PM on Mondays.
    • At the last Community Team meeting, the general consensus was to keep the meeting time going forward. It was suggested that we need to change the meeting time.
      • Will need names of people who want to attend this meeting so I can find a time that works.
      • The goals of this meeting will be to brainstorm and identify items that we want to work on, and then in David Boswell's meeting figure out how to accomplish those goals.
  • Fort Lewis College Open Source Software Class - project list
  • Hoodies
    • We are deploying hoodies to community members in mozillians.org who have been vouched for. If you know of someone who is not in the Community PB and needs a hoodie, contact marcia.
  • Upcoming Testdays/BugDays/Meetups
  • Video Work
  • QMO (Al):
    • Still need confirmation of a new QMO owner.
      • Raymond has volunteered to own it but needs overall approval by Stephen and/or Bob (management)?

QA Automation Service (Henrik, David)

Project updates

CI system for on-demand release tests (Geo)
  • Jenkins rollout in-progress, had infrastructure challenges to solve re: Windows slave setup
  • Preliminary setup docs added to wiki
CI system for daily and l10n Firefox Builds (Henrik)
  • No updates
MemChaser - Memory and Garbage Collection analysis
Compatibile By Default Automation
  • Joined work on the project between QA Automation Services and A-Team
  • We will test 10 add-ons installed by default and sequentially 5 other ones from the top 100 add-ons for en-US, de, and zh-CN versions of Firefox
  • Tests to be executed: endurance, update, endurance, and optionally functional tests
Case Conductor
  • Should have the first test-able version of pure django version by end of this week or beginning of next week.
  • Will test that locally, initially, then deploy to caseconductor.allizom.com when deemed stable and we can migrate existing data over.

Apps

Apps Work Week Take Aways
Coordination with the B2G team to only build the apps extensions for B2G
  • Currently the B2G apps api's are on firefox central
  • Goal to release across firefox aurora / beta.
Android Soup
  • Gecko experimentation with Android, using it as the backend for the Android Soup Application
  • GUI redesign to focus on mobile ready experience
Extension
  • Extension is being recoded to be XUL based, everything but native application install is going to end up in firefox central.
  • Limited UI work going on
Marketplace
  • A re-imagined user interface. AMO Team is working with UI / UX team on this aspect.
Apps Test Day Jan 20th

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items

Today

  • Add notes here
    • (tchung) get some Android Fennec information to Henrik to talk about at FOSDEM
  • Stephen and Rebecca to follow-up with Cameron on testing sync up for CC staging-readiness
  • Bob to get a meeting together for QA-all next steps (resume momentum from stuff going on prior to holiday break)

Last Meeting

  • Action Items