From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes January 4, 2012

Meeting Details

 # Every other Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • Kevin Brosnan - Mobile QA (Full Time)
    • David Guo - Automation QA Intern
    • Jason Smith - Firefox QA
  • Upcoming Events
    • item
  • PTOs
    • Jan 9th - Tony

Discussion Items

  • Status of GC/CC work?
    • Feedback to Henrik's extension proposal?
    • (Cam) I wrote a little JavaScript page to create/delete tons of objects. But I need to swarm with someone on how to measure GC stuff to see if this tool helps.

QA Team Updates

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

  • Firefox 10 / 11 / 12
    • Juan is on PTO until tomorrow - back to driving Firefox 10 for 10.0b4
    • Firefox 10.0b3 build 2 is being spun to account for a top-crasher, targeting sign-off by Friday, January 6, 2012
    • Add-on Compatibility - make-or-break for Firefox 10
      • Anthony is driving with support from Marcia, Asa, Jorge, Bob, Clint, and Virgil
      • more to come soon
      • Absolute deadline is 1/23
    • GC/CC - make-or-break for Firefox 10 - Cameron/Bob any update?
    • Firefox 10 is our first ESR
      • no specific action needed for release but will likely involve several security fix point releases
      • more to come as it is known
  • Crash Investigation
  • Maintenance and Security (Al)
    • Firefox 3.6
      • Two releases left (.26 and .27) before 3.6.x drops per current plan.
      • First Extended Support Release (ESR) should be based off of Firefox 10.

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Overview (tony)
    • Welcome KBrosnan to MV!
    • Working on Draft of Q1 goals this week
    • Apps work week is Week of Jan 9th
    • Services work week is Week of Jan 17th
    • Mobile World Congress is Week of Feb 27th
  • Fennec
    • Blocking:
    • Last week:
      • FF10 Beta 2 deployed
      • adding feature testcases to litmus
      • bug verifications and triage
      • See weekly updates on status of FF11 features testing
    • This week:
      • Fennec Aurora Testday this friday, 1/6! Please join #testday channel
      • FF10 beta 3 testing
      • more triage, writing testcases for features
      • A week of uTest crowdsource testing on topsites font inflation testing
  • Sync (Tracy)
    • Add-on Sync is in Aurora.
    • Native Android Sync available for testing on Friday at the earliest.
  • Test pilot (tracy)
    • Marchex click to call study is having perf issues that must be resolved before release
  • Sync Server (jbonacci, jrgm)
    • We have a backlog of important deployments that will keep Q1 very busy
    • Automation work continues
  • BrowserID (jbonacci, jrgm)
    • The major work of getting BrowserID into Production is done
    • Q1 work includes Apps, support for primaries, additional OPs work, and some initial work on BrowserID support for Sync.
    • Automation work continues
  • WebAPI (jhammink)
    • Currently staying apace of the WebAPIs as they landed; added already apps/testpages for previously landed apis: geolocation, accelerometer, indexedDB for different targets
  • b2G (jhammink)
    • currently have flashing environment, flashed device, knowledge to train out, docs; can do functional overview of b2g testplan
    • presently building 2nd environment for Marionette automation: make sync running VERY SLOW. This could be a target for improvement.

WebQA (Stephen)

  • AMO
  • Engagement Projects
  • Input
    • no update
  • MDN
    • 1.9 push tomorrow
  • Socorro
  • SUMO

Community (Marcia)

  • MozCamp South America has been announced as an event, but there is as of yet no date or location.
  • - marcia will likely attend and present with Lukas
  • Weekly Contribute Meeting resumes tomorrow at 10 AM
    • The Contribute Group is a forum for discussing ideas, questions and plans for bringing new people into Mozilla.
  • Video Work
  • (Al):

QA Automation Service (Henrik, David)

  • General
    • Selenium 2.16 has been released
    • David and Simon have pushed a really really rough draft for the WebDriver Spec to W3 HG
  • Mozmill
    • no updates

Project updates

Prototype of a Fennec Driver (DavidB)
  • Robocop has landed in M-C!
New Members and Mentors Pages
CI system for daily and l10n Firefox Builds (Henrik)
  • Prototype has been installed in MV and is currently running daily Mozmill tests for 3 Tier 1 locales on OS X. Slaves for Windows and Linux will follow tomorrow.
  • Blocked on the l10n project due to dependencies on RelEng
Selenium Grid (DavidB)
  • Nothing has been done since last meeting
Case Conductor
  • The whole team was off for the holidays, so nothing done since last meeting.
  • Expect to have a new version to test on 1/15 or so.

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Action Items
    • Looking for an owner for QMO - Bob set a deadline of 1/11/12

Last Meeting

  • Action Items