- 1 QA Staff Meeting Notes May 10, 2011
- 2 Project Status
- 2.1 Desktop Firefox (Juan)
- 2.2 Maintenance and Security (Al)
- 2.3 Browser Technologies (Tony)
- 2.4 WebQA (Stephen)
- 2.5 Community (Marcia)
- 2.6 Test Automation (Henrik)
- 3 Discussion Items
- 4 Takeaways and Action Items
- 5 Notes
QA Staff Meeting Notes May 10, 2011
- Welcome Owen Coutts
Upcoming Test Events
- Wednesday, May 11th: Selenium Meetup
- Friday, May 13th: Aurora Bugday (ashughes)
- Friday, May 20th: Mobile Firefox Testday (aaronmt)
- Friday, May 24th: WebQA Automation Testday (davehunt)
- Friday, May 27th: Regression-window Bugday (abillings)
- Overview (2 min brief update)
Desktop Firefox (Juan)
- Aurora -> Beta: go-no-go Monday May 16
- Build-QA May 17-18; releasing Thursday
- Nightly -> Aurora: a week after (May 24)
- Aurora -> Beta: go-no-go Monday May 16
- Crash Investigation
- Crash rate looks pretty good across the branches.
- Stability Report: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/2011-05-10#Stability_Report
Maintenance and Security (Al)
- Firefox 3.6.18
- Will ship the same day as Firefox 5. This is currently scheduled for June 21, 2011.
- Firefox 3.5.x
- 3.5.19 is the End of Life for this.
- Christian has a draft plan e-mail that he sent to release drivers today. It will go to dev.planning later today.
- When Firefox 3.6.18 is released on June 21, it will be offered to existing 3.5.19 users as a minor update (which is a new idea) to attempt to move 3.5 users to 3.6.
- Firefox 4.0.2
- There is no Firefox 4.0.2 outside of a chemspill.
- Firefox 4.0.1 users will update to Firefox 5.
Browser Technologies (Tony)
- Share, Identity, and Firefox Home 2.0 development has been somewhat put on hold. Dependencies on security model of server-side implementation needs to be revisited, which is blocking further development on the current path. Each project needs to be revisited in the spec to proceed.
- Fennec (aakash)
- Untested device survey for firefox compatibility is in final edit ready to publish shortly (Aaron)
- Fx5: re-verified bugs on aurora and waverley has been running smoketests/bfts; expecting to move to beta on 18th/19th
- Fx6: working on the test plan, but each feature has a QA person assigned to it; expecting to move to aurora on 18th/19th
- Automation (martijn)
- Integrated grafxbot reftests extension into test harness extension
- Sync (Tracy)
- It's taking everyone a little getting used to, but the weekly train model for client and server pushes is working out well. Improved predictability of schedule and workload has helped everyone. Test plan is here
- Test pilot (tracy)
- jono is working on the last fixes for 1.2. I'll be testing that once he's finished and spins up a build.
- Identity (tracy)
- Reviewed the project and mock-ups with Dan Mills. Test plan forthcoming once the project passes security review and the spec is finalized.
- Jetpack (ayan)
- Signed off testing of 0.9.4. Prod push slated for 2pm today.
- Firefox Home (nhirata)
- draft of test plan : https://wiki.mozilla.org/Home/Features/qaplan
- things are still being developed, vm/software setup, and hardware acquiring; ball won't get rolling until Q3
- Share (aaronmt)
- F1/Share on-hold at the moment pending services backend privacy/security discussions as they rehash architecture and security questions.
- Mark Up
- Dark-launched, but waiting on seeded marks from Mitchell/Gary, etc. before announcing
- Plan is to officially launch the 17th
- Webify Me
- They are currently working through the blockers and localization bugs
- Rescheduled release date will be determined in today's status meeting.
- 3.5 shipping on 5/16
- We have had a number of patches for Selenium Tests from Waverly. Team is working through them.
- Pull Request in the hopper for API infrastructure and tests
- Working on Page Object for individual addons
- New style feedback pages cause a lot of failures.
- Pull request submitted for review to fix some of these.
- Others need further investigation as they are urllib redirects and we'd rather not change them to Selenium tests.
- Lots of code submitted by Softvision, all currently in review.
- New Community Etherpad
- Please add any community efforts you are working on to this scrumpad. It appears weekly as "mozcommunity" in the list of scrumpad notes on sync.
- Upcoming Testdays/BugDays/Meetups
- http://www.meetup.com/seleniumsanfrancisco/events/17238077/ here at the office tonight. 111 people confirmed. Could use some more people to help with traffic flow (guiding people to Ten Forward, lobby duty for latecomers, etc) if you have some time early this evening.
- Aurora Bug Day this week: Friday, May 13th
- New documentation ready for prime time:
- Great uptake in event frequency over last quarter (set to meet goal 1 month ahead of schedule)
- Q1 Average: 1.5 testdays/month, Q2 Average: 3 testdays/month
- Will be asking people to organize events for June in a couple of weeks
- Video Work
- No update this week.
- QMO.next (Al):
- Craig Cook will begin working on theme and graphical updates to QMO this week for QMO 4.0.
- WebDev is still trying to find a resource to do the Dev work for the Bugzilla plugin.
Test Automation (Henrik)
- Vlad and Alex from Softvision have been started today with their work on Mozmill tests
- Our intern Owen Coutts has been started last week - he will mainly work on ElasticSearch for the Mozmill Dashboard
- Today we did a mass-rename of our branches in the mozmill-tests repository to be in sync with the branch naming convention of Firefox and Thunderbird (bug 655959)
- Broken Mozmill tests for add-ons due to the broken certificate on allizom
- Due to a change in Nightly we are blocked on investigating existent test failures because Mozmill doesn't show any error information (bug 650646)
- Mozmill 2 has been pushed out even more due to resource constraints
- Basic window handling landed
- Test porting continues
- Mozmill Tests for the Discovery Pane of the Addons Manager (ashughes)
- Will have test cases from Krupa by EOW
- Rescheduled project update meetings, starting on the 17th with a brainstorm on more metrics gathering, and then every two weeks.
- Patches submitted for restarting Firefox between tests (user can override)
- Information sent out to Al and Anthony and summarized in project wiki
- Anthony walked through process
- Al to create sample test config file today (with any Q&A needed to do so), Anthony to execute it this week.
- Want this in production for next Tues' release
- Ayan Status - Tony
- Scrumpads discussion - matt
- team leads to update high lites section on Fridays
- Fill out related links sections
- need to have current week notes link listed
- Use of Pivotal Tracker (matt, cameron, henrik, david)
- wiki page for getting started here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/PivotalTracker#Pivotal_Tracker
- Romania and London trip update - matt, dave
- pass down from directors meeting (http://mozqa.sync.in/3 (notes-mevans-11-02-17)
- Seems to require a password? see this link: https://intranet.mozilla.org/User:Mevans@mozilla.com/MyEtherpadNotesPassword
- Contributor response emails (matt, al, marcia)
- Need to make a decision on this now
Takeaways and Action Items
- Introductions: Owen started this week. Geo is his mentor. Welcome!
- Meetup Tonight: Selenium, 6:30pm, more greeters welcome.
- Go-no-go criteria from QA
- What will constitute this criteria? (geo) - Work in progress. Draft this week. (juanb)
- Vacation: Matt, May 28- June 18th
- Organizational changes in the teams to be articulated before then. (mevans)
- Scrumpad: We depend on this information day-to-day, and it's becoming more important to others.
- Leads responsible to update the highlights by Friday.
- Any other pertinent information like other meetings' notes would be useful
- Use of Pivotal for tracking purposes. Cameron presented a brief intro to the system he uses to keep track of his projects.
- Check it out and see if it meets your needs. You are encouraged to use it, and we could make a decision to adopt it in a few weeks. (mevans)
- Contributor inquiries responses: How do we go forward?
- Any mail client solution to do automated responses is good for now. (juanb)
- Figure out an interim solution to this. (juanb, mevans, et al interested)