From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

January 30, 2013

# Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
# Vidyo:
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#* *  +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#* *  +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:* irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
  • 4 candidates in the pipeline for Web QA's internship (closing in on 1 promising one)
  • Karl Thiessen new hire! Services QA team - Feb 11
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
  • 2-3 February: FOSDEM 2013 -
  • MWC - Feb 25-28
  • March 4th-8th, Mobile FxAndroid work-week (London)
  • Notices

Travel / PTO

  • rbillings 2/1-2/5 in Seattle working on/off; 2/6-11 Hawaii (+1)
  • camd 2/20-3/1 in Hawaii
  • nhirata : out 5/17, 5/20 - attending a friend's wedding

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
  • Fx19b4 to be shipped Thursday
  • Possible 18.0.2 based on crash data after speculative fix in 19.0b4.
  • ESR (ashughes)
  • Automation (ashughes)
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
  • Server side issue is causing Sync failures.
  • The issue is not affecting every user. And it appears to be random for those that do get affected. That is, the failure will last for a while, then clear itself up. Zues, the server load balancer, is likely the cause for this randomness. OP's are on it like white on rice.
  • Community
  • Security (mwobensmith)
  • In Toronto for FF Work Week

Mobile (Tony)

  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
  • Stability (nhirata)
  • DogFood Channel (courtesy of Aki):
  • The sources.xml is available next to the update:** .
  • Releng generated the RIL repack, but it's not clear how to get it to QA without bug 834424.
  • Kernel  :
  • Be sure you are on the latest kernel!
  • Kernel dates are still the same between otoro kernel 11 and 12 and unagi 4 and 5... they should say Dec 5.
  • (courtesy of mwu) : The only change is one kernel command line parameter in this update. pmem_adsp has been changed to 13631488, so you should see pmem_adsp=13631488 after running "adb shell cat /proc/cmdline". If the number is lower, you have an older kernel. This applies to both kernels.
  • UX Branch : not used now, status unsure if we will reopen or need to based on new branching. TBD
  • SUMO Feedback : closed for now; cancelled further meetings, since Test drivers is done for now
  • Testrun 3 (mbrandt) :
  • Full Stop (today) on testing Build ID: 2013-01-25-07
  • RIL : AU 184 with d72fcfb5ebcd1a51ba4e318517244bdb34ddbfa5.
  • "gecko" revision="d72fcfb5ebcd1a51ba4e318517244bdb34ddbfa5"
  • "gaia" revision="6369dbf33b622faf4b4d176fed30b77c5c319dfc"
  • Turns out that this is an outdated RIL.
  • Full Stop again on changing over to the Jan 28th build that contains the corrected QC Ril (version 189)
  • The build contained incompatable gecko/gaia binaries. This is the deviceStorage issue that david flanagan mentioned in
  • QAnalyst is working on:
  • verifying bugs
  • addressing qawanted bugs
  • running the smoketests for 1/30
  • Testrun 4
  • If nightly 1/30 checks out we will spin a TestRun 4 test run and have the teams - Mozilla, TEF, and QAnalyst - begin testing against it
  • Smoketest is now updated in MozTrap and is called Firefox OS Daily Smoketest. Test cases match what is in the spreadsheet
  • Apps (Jason)
  • Lots of 3rd party app update testing
  • Starting to focus on preinstalled app flows
  • Packaged apps experienced bustage for two days - delaying testing
  • Community Members Onboarding

Services (jrgm)

  • BrowserID (jrgm) -
  • had some ops deployment issues with and train-2013.01.18, so this train is not being deployed. RSBAC issues have been cleaned up and changes are in stage and production.
  • support work for Zeus load-balancer upgrade in PHX
  • ran load-testing in stage with @lloyd; seems to bottlenecking on network infrastructure and not the node.js daemons themselves; needs more investigation.
  • train-2013.02.01 will be cut on Friday.
  • Hiring and Training
  • new hire starting week after next.
  • phone screens last week and this week; on-site interview this week.

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
  • No updates
  • B2G/Gaia testing:
  • Our tests catch regressions, so yay!
  • - [Music] Expected text missing when start Music app with no media files on SD Card
  • Wrangling the "which build(s) and Gaia branches should we be using/targetting," respectively, issue, going forward
  • Been hit by lots of unrelated regressions and core Gecko/Gaia changes
  • had two days of bad builds
  • More progress on our automation infrastructure:
  • -* * [META] Set up and house Unagis/Jenkins boxes (Mac Minis) for Gaia UI automation and update testing
  • Engagement Projects
  • Firefox Marketplace
  • Mozillians
  • The team met for our 1st time and discussed the infrastruture and process around how deployments occur
  • We're building a risk assment model and will apply CD principles to the testing strategy
  • statsd/graphite
  • waffle
  • developer unit tests and webdriver tests where appropriate
  • QA and dev are auditing our current automation and looking for coverage gaps as well as areas of overalap
  • Community Members Onboarding
  • helping "yoshi" run mcom-tests and get more familiar with our coding practices, etc.

Community (Marcia)

  • Gear Store
  • The Gear store is now following a new process as described in the wiki:
  • Requests will be made using a Bugzilla form and they are trying to define a set of conversion points that each team will use to define who gets Gear. See for info about the conversion points
  • The issue of new employees not getting any gear has been raised with HR and I was told that plans are in the works to have the onboarding portal have a series of choices for new employees
  • We still can design our own Gear for QA and I encourage teams to think about what they would like to do
  • Projects
  • Notes from the Grow Mozilla Meeting:
  • There is a proposal on the table for a possible Summit
  • If there is such an event they will not have the traditional MozCamps that are held every year but there will be "regional" community events
  • We should be thinking about QA community events we want to be involved with in 2013
  • One and Done project:
  • Each team is requested to come up with the list of tasks that each team does periodically, and highlight those that are particulary suited for community contributors.
  • Food for thought: Add-ons team has made changes to its incentive program for its add-on reviewers.
  • Testdays (ashughes)
  • Video Work
  • No Report this week.
  • (Raymond)
  • Community Members Onboarding

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)

  • Projects
  • B2G performance
  • [davehunt] Reports now show per app launch times and an overhauled UI
  • Mozmill
  • [henrik] Released Mozmill 1.5.20 to fix a major application shutdown issue on Mac (see bug 834635)
  • Mozmill CI
  • [henrik] New Mac minis for SCL3 about to get shipped; Other machines for 10.6 and 10.7 still not available
  • [henrik] Started to work on pulsebuildmonitor enhancements so we can migrate hopefully soon to get started with rapid beta work
  • Community Members Onboarding

Basecamp Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • [item here]

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • [Tony] Renewing MSDN licensing (expires on March 31st)
  • "Microsoft Visual Studio Pro w/MSDN Pro All Lng Software Assurance Open Value 1 License No Level Additional Product 3 Year Acquired year 1"
  • Liz Henry - new Bugmaster that wants to say hello - Update: Liz is not feeling well and asked that we review and give feedback.
  • Was speaking with tchung about a new page for QMO the idea was to have everyones bugmail on it, like on a table what do you think - satdav
  • Satdav, see (needs updating)
  • do we have a bug for Persona - to add it to QMO - satdav
  • Please add all ideas in this area:
  • Update on status of One and Done Project as well as next Steps [pragmatic]
  • Reclamation of unagi devices - if you are not actively using your unagi device, please turn it in - we need devices for both automation and some testers require two devices for the type of testing they are doing. Thanks. [marcia]
  • MozTrap feature change: Case "name" and "tags" sync between case versions. [camd]

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items*

  • Today
  • Notes
  • Action Items
  • Add your nickname to your Bugzilla account so it is easier to find you in the dropdown
  • Stephen to follow up on QMO related items including:
  • integrating Mozilla Persona login
  • removing BuddyPress?
  • updating the teams' pages
  • Individual teams to update the content on QMO
  • Last Meeting
  • Action Items*

Template for this document is here: