« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »
QA Staff Meeting Notes February 15, 2012
# Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core
# Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=UK1zyrd7Vhym
# Phone: +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
# +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
# +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
# IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#qa
QA Org Items
- New Hires & Interviews
- Community Members Onboarding
- Upcoming Events
- Feb 20th - US Holiday
- Henrik: Feb 17th - Feb 23rd
QA Team Updates
Desktop Firefox (Juan)
- Fx10.0.1: Holding steady. Monitoring for issues.
- Fx11b3: Candidate builds today; to be shipped later this week.
- Fx12: Triaging
- Firefox ESR (ashughes)
- Same as Firefox 10.0.1 -- holding steady, monitoring for issues
- Crash Investigation
Apps Desktop and Mobile (DavidC)
- New Soup / Extension / HTML/JS implementations which represent the new set of API's that are synchronized across b2g, ff, extension, android
- Come out to the test day this friday February 17th
- Developer Review of Test Infrastructure Plans for Apps here
- Mockups of manifest so as to be able to install / demo Tier 1 apps that don't have a webapp enabled site.
- Definition of acceptance criteria and testing for MWC - Tracker for it is here
- Web Apps Bugzilla Dashboard - here
- Coordinating with Apps team for team-wide metrics dashboard - Specification being built is here
- Top Bugs Found
- What's next?
- Triage Soup bugs - Determine what's in-scope into MWC for Soup
- Find showstoppers for Soup and Desktop for MWC
Browser Technologies (Tony)
- Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
- Sync (Tracy)
- Concerned we're going to get many unfavorable reports due to multiple Fennecs on device. Also, once Beta is released, people are going to want to sneak preview it, then go back to XUL. From what I gather, the UX for that scenario is not pretty. Migration of profile XUL -> Native is not optional.
- Android Sync code drop .4 and its dependencies are verified
- Watching for Android Sync code drop .5 completion
- No desktop train this week
- Test pilot (tracy)
- nothing to report this week
- Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm)
- Testing continues as needed for any Sync Server deployments and Change/Maintenance Windows.
- QA test planning in in progress for the following projects:
- Sync 2.0 with Token Server
- BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm)
- The big project for the last two weeks has been Train 20, with support for Primaries and Localization:
- Bug 723755 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.02.02 to production
- Bug 721455 - Deploy localized browserid to stage
- Bug 723775 - Create/Deploy l10n preview env for browserid
- HotFix #1 for #1059
- HotFix #2 for #1063/#1058
- HotFix #3 for #1087/#1102
- Supported locales
- af, ca, cs, da, de, el, eo, es, es_MX, et, eu, fi, fr, fy, ga, gd, gl, hr, it, ja, lij, lt,
- ml, nl, pl, pt, pt_BR, rm, ro, ru, sk, sl, son, sq, sr, sv, tr, zh_CN, zh_TW
- plus en_US and db_LB
- and (disabled) he and hu
- Also, it is important to note that we are moving off the weekly trains into a two-week release cycle.
- Pancake (nhirata)
- QA progress on hold until MWC is over
- Front end redesign brainstorm occuring
- .22 version of Pancake out, iPad only
- B2G (Jhammink)
- organized tracker tasks for the upcoming testday
- focused on additional test coverage and fixes this week
- BIDPOM is in place
- tried out the plugin and it aborted everything, so turned it off
- 2/14 release went out, Chief the Big Red Button was used to deploy the release successfully for the first time.
- 2/21 release in process
- Upcoming Events
- MozCamp Latin America request for invites has gone out.
- Reps list had a post about BetaFest - a BarCamp style event for teenagers coming up 10 April in London. Perhaps some of the locals want to participate?
- Agenda for Community Meeting today at 4 PM
- Video Work
- QMO.next (Raymond):
- push bug for Friday 2/17 to update QMO with bug fixes
- bug about Facebook syndication filed today would not make it for Friday
QA Automation Service (Henrik, David)
On-Demand Test Framework (Geo)
- On track for proof of concept release run by EOW
Mozmill 2.0 Automation Scripts Update (Henrik)
- Investigation if updating the API for Mozmill 1.5.x will help us to transition over to Mozmill 2 has been started. See bug 709773
CI system for daily and l10n Firefox Builds (Henrik)
- Working on Pulse consumer code to fix heartbeat issues
Mozmill Dashboard Validation (DavidB)
- Blog post for MemChaser 0.1.1 release
- Great feedback so far - already about 1000 downloads and 400 daily users
- An user found several zombie compartment leaks in the Add-ons SDK which have already been partly fixed - see bug 724433 and dependencies.
Open Positions (DavidB)
Weekly Blog Posts
- Putting the final touches on the 0.8, newly dog-foodable release
- Rebecca and Cam testing 0.8
- trying to get Matt Brandt in on the action, too
- Matt may have community members that can help, too
- working with IT to get it deployed to caseconductor.allizom.org
- re-prioritizing features into:
- 1.0 release still scheduled for end of Q1
- Facebook [Henrik]
- How do we sync status updates for test days and blog posts from QMO?
- Current admins are Carsten Book and Henrik - who else needs privs? Marcia and Anthony?
Notes, Takeaways and Action Items