- 1 QA Staff Meeting Notes Mar 16, 2011
- 2 Project Status
- 2.1 Desktop Firefox (Juan)
- 2.2 Maintenance and Security (Al)
- 2.3 Browser Technologies (Tony)
- 2.4 WebQA (Stephen)
- 2.5 QA Services (Marcia)
- 2.6 Test Automation (Henrik)
- 3 Discussion Items
- 4 Takeaways and Action Items
- 5 Notes
QA Staff Meeting Notes Mar 16, 2011
Upcoming Test Events
- Fireday, March 18, 2011: Proposed Brown bag with Lisa Crispin
- Friday, March 18, 2011: Mobile Firefox testday
- Friday, March 25, 2011: Mozmill Crowd & Endurance testday
- Monday, April 4, 2011: All Hands and QA Work Week https://intranet.mozilla.org/QaEvents:AllHands_Work_Week_Apr_4,_20 Wiki Page
- Thursday, May 5, 2011: London Tester Gathering with Mozilla
- Tuesday, March 22: Firefox 4
- Overview (2 min brief update)
Desktop Firefox (Juan)
- Fx4RC: We are shipping RC1, March 22nd.
- Objections? Crashers or major problems you are aware of?
- 3.5.x -> 4.0 MU spot check testing
- Pre-release Flash version in our hands for testing. Needs testing today/tomorrow.
Maintenance and Security (Al)
Fixes are coming in at an accelerating rate now.
As of yesterday, we have the following proposed schedule for 3.6.16 and 3.5.18:
- Code freeze for non-blockers: 2011-03-17
- Code freeze for blockers: 2011-03-24
- Build #1 created: 2011-03-31
- Build #1 available: 2011-04-01
- QA testing starts: 2011-04-01
- QA testing finishes: 2011-04-06
- Build #1 released to the beta channel: 2011-04-07
- Final release: 2011-04-19
Browser Technologies (Tony)
- Fennec (aakash)
- Automation (martijn)
- Tweaking specialpowers.js to add functionality, like clipboard event listening, focusing windows, etc.
- Running mochitests on Fennec to see if anything new has failed
- Sync (tracy)
- 1.7 extension released
- scl2 server reverted to PHP after discovering perf issues (though it may be that python was not actually the culprit)
- all users on scl2 were moved to phx
- they won't be going to python 'til sometime after Fx4 release.
- Test Pilot (tracy)
- 1.1 released
- 1.2 will drop support for 3.6 and will use Fx4's door hanger notification system
- Jetpack (ayan)
- SDK 1.0b4 code freeze today.
- Flightdeck 1.0a9 released last week.
- Code freeze for maintenance release next week.
- Selenium scripts for flightdeck to be up on github by EOD.
- Firefox Home (tony)
- demo has new images, but still no update for schedule
FF Engagement Projects
- Twitterparty is up on stage, and being tested
- FB Badges is up on stage. Awating 1 blocker before uTest cycle
- Shipped 0.9.3.1 Release
- Currently working on the 1.4 Release
Web of Wonder
- Shipped Phase III
- Working on Release I
- Staging is mostly back up; working through previously disabled tests to drill down on remaining issues
- SUMO 2.6.1 release 3/9
- SUMO 2.6.2 release 3/13
- SUMO 2.7 first portion of Users and Groups, release TBD
- Dave Hunt guest posted An Introduction To Selenium IDE on the Software Testing Club blog.
- David has been making testability changes to AMO website
- Updating test suite
- New Staging is up, still a few config issues to iron out
QA Services (Marcia)
- Crash Investigation
- Firefox RC now over 3 million ADU
- Stability Report: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/2011-03-15#Stability_Report
- If anyone can reproduce the top Mac crash, bug 637367 please let marcia know asap
- Community Planning
- Plans to meet with William, Mary, Amie and Gen during All Hands week
- TCM .2
- Wireframes are complete
- Going to feature-complete on 3/24 (next week)
- Working on wireframes and PRD for .3
- QMO.next (Al):
- Is all feedback in on the QMO 4.0 spec from QA?
- Going to propose this to WebDev during the next few days if so.
- New Community Initiatives (ashughes)
Test Automation (Henrik)
- New structure of the mozmill-tests repository
- Dave introduced the Endurance tests to the public
- Shadow Server for Litmus tests is up
- Blog post: Automated Firefox Tests with Add-ons
- No updates
- Project updates
- On Demand Updates
- Deploying on qa-set this week
- Should be in production in time for next FF 3.x security release
- Endurance Tests
- New ad-hoc tests created and bugs updated.
- Blog post: Endurance Results from Test Day
- Panorama (ashughes)
- [ON TRACK] 2 DONE, 7 ASSIGNED, 1 PENDING, 12 BLOCKED
- NOTE to TEST DEVS: please include tabView.reset() in your teardownModule()
- Shared Module Refactoring
- Mozmill and Mozmill Crowd testday planned on Friday, March 25th
- Firefox Ship Plans - matt/juan
- new development process - matt
Takeaways and Action Items