From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes April 18, 2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item
  • Upcoming Events
    • item
  • PTOs
    • ashughes: Thursday April 19, Saturday April 21 - Monday April 23

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • 3.6 EOL billboards & update to 11.0 being pushed live today as they are tested (3.6.28->3.6.13)
  • Stability (marcia)
    • bug 745453 was discovered and became a Beta blocker. Marcia and Juan worked on verification
    • Weekly Desktop Stability Report
      • Mostly third party issues (Flash) are affecting us due to new version of Flash (11.2) and sandboxed version (11.3) being very crashy.
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • Currently working through a list of open bugs and disabled tests to resolve ahead of the Mozmill-2.0 release
    • Jenkins instance for release tests now listens automatically for Beta candidates
      • no need to kick off functional tests anymore
      • still need to kick off update tests through Jenkins
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • A small train rolled out of the station midweek.
    • How is 2.0 client side work going? gps said there is nothing ready for testing at this time.
  • App WebRT (David/Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Finalized expectations for marketplace beta release for desktop web apps
        • Current test cases documented here
      • Exploratory testing on the Mac web apps integration into desktop has begun - Please help out!
      • Mobile & AITC Client - Cut for FF 14
      • Began drafting automation requirements with the ateam for desktop
    • What's next?

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
    • Firefox Mobile 12 looks good, will be testing ESR 10.0.4
    • Firefox workweek next week, likely to scramble test coverage for aurora merge
    • still large fixes in gfx sync, and migration that needs to land (beta+ blockers)
    • B2G is blocking SGS2, important to get it running for LATAM
    • carving out a build process atm
    • Pancake internal beta is just that, internal-Ipad only. See Naoki if you'd like to assist.
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Tracking qa-wanted or regressionwindow-wanted bugs that are tracking-fennec-1.0 for quick help make sure your bug shows up on
    • testing the keep profile on sdcard patch
    • kairo/chofmann's scripts and ADUs for the weekend were not working correctly due to something wrong with the cron jobs; for details see Socorro work
      • This should be repaired by wednesday; thursday at the latest.
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • Crashes are at a steady ~25 crashes per ADU; Dev focus more on Beta Blocker bugs ATM
      • ADU numbers are 0 due to issues with cron job; explained in platform meeting
    • Sync (tracy)
      • Password sync landed but triggers Fennec crasher bug 744816 - Fennec crashes in concurrent access of password db (fix landed yesterday)
      • The end to end UX of Password sync is also going to be stymied by bug 745302 - Passwords synced to Fennec database, but don't autocomplete in UI. (Which depends on form sync working correctly)
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • B2G and Gaia moving toward milestone 3, which culminates in the workweek during early may. Gaia has moved from a one-off UI to a real product. LOTS of changes landing!
    • John attending mozcamp LATAM from Thursday to next Monday (back in office on Wednesday); setting up "flash station" for b2g. and working tech-side with potential contributors. The goal, of course, is to get more community helping with QA.
      • Unfortunately, to this end, we're blocked on flashing to SGS2, which is key to our community strategy. Blocker is the "blackscreen issue" - flashing to SGS2 Gingerbread phones results in blank UI:
    • Test Planning ongoing for M3.
    • We're in talks now to start making Canonical Builds; as well as a daily-build process that can run non-interactively. Currently, we're spending way too much time on troubleshooting builds.
    • Geo ramping up on our Emulator-side and API automation; he's attending automation workweek in SF this week.
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • Pancake Internal Release out now; still need some fix for features before it goes out to public
    • Probably won't have a public release until next week
    • Pancake User Study Test Day tomorrow in SFO

Services (jbonacci)

  • Services QA team recruiting continues
  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Functional and Load test of QA, Dev, and Stage environments continues
    • Prod build-outs for AITC and TokenServer are in progress
    • Upcoming work for Sync 1.1, Sync 2.0, AITC/TokenServer during Q2
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Currently working on Train 25: Bug 744689 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.04.11 to production
    • Noting that there are four HotFixes to Stage as of 4/18/2012.
    • Noting here also that there are numerous Q2 projects coming from the BID team, including,, IdP proxy support, metrics/UI/visualization support, KeyWrapping, etc.

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • Small release last week, new banners
  • AMO
  • Engagement Projects
    • Selenium tests updated to Selenium 2.21
  • Flightdeck
  • Input
  • Mozillians
    • New release today or tomorrow - curated groups and new skills section
  • MDN
  • Socorro
  • SUMO

Community (Marcia)

  • Upcoming Events
    • MozCamp LATAM begins this week
    • Mini-QA Italy MozCamp has been moved to Q3
      • Marcia and Iacopo discussed timing and it was felt that there was probably not enough time to properly plan this event in the May timeframe. We are refocusing our efforts on having the event in October.
    • Marcia, David Clarke and Geo talked about having a community meetup event at the Hacker Dojo sometime in the near future.
  • Testdays (ashughes)
    • April 20th: MDN Test Day (Raymond)
    • UNCONFIRMED CRITICAL Bugday was very successful (over 80 bugs triaged) -- recommend we scope more events like this
    • Let's try to plan some live testdays for this quarter!
  • Video Work
    • Marcia will shoot some footage at MozCamp with the hope of being able to come back with enough footage for at least one community video.
  • (Raymond):

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • Mozmill 1.5.10 and a necessary 1.5.11 follow-up have been released. Henrik is working on a post. But that should be our last 1.5.x release!
  • Started to work on the transition to Mozmill 2.0


  • Mozmill CI: Our system now also covers builds for beta candidates and soon also for release candidates. That means those functional tests have not to be triggered manually!!
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Privacy review with Sid is passed.
  • Working on security review.
  • implemented case id-prefix
  • working on test run tags
  • working on automation api

Kilimanjaro Discussion

Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Discuss weekend testing coverage [bmoss]
  • Reminder about keeping community in mind at all times and taking advantage of every opportunity to involve or interact with community [bmoss]
  • Are QA teams using the Google QA vacation/event/away calendar? [marcia]

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Action Items
    • Geo: Add section to template when you will be at events, conferences, travel to PTO area.
    • We should all try to use one unified calendar to track PTO/Conferences - Google QA calendar probably should be it.
    • Current Google QA Vacation calendar
    • Apps Show and Tell this week, friday, noon PST, Warp Core. See demos and user work flows of how the whole thing unfolds

Last Meeting

  • Action Items