« previous week | index | next week »
Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 95312
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 95312
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 95312
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 95312
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 95312
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 95312
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 95312
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Warp Core Vidyo Room
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Kilimanjaro
- 2 Notices / Schedule
- 3 Firefox Development
- 4 Firefox Developer Tools
- 5 Add-on SDK
- 6 Performance
- 7 GFX
- 8 JS
- 9 Layout
- 10 Video
- 11 DOM
- 12 WebAPI
- 13 Network
- 14 Identity
- 15 Plugins
- 16 Mobile
- 17 Accessibility
- 18 Tree Management
- 19 Security
- 20 Stability Report
- 21 Roundtable
- K9O wiki setup
- Product posted the latest version of the plan - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Kilimanjaro/ProductDraft
- Next steps
- Product working on logging meta bugs for all top level use cases. We can then start to associate bugs to each of the use cases to create the dependency trees.
- Project managers will start working with different teams to get features/bugs logged and tagged for K9O.
- Many items are already in progress so we will have to do some work to tag existing stuff.
- Working on post for the list about the blocking-kilimanjaro project flag and the process for keeping track of things in bugzilla.
Notices / Schedule
- Mozilla-Inbound and Mozilla-Central are both Approval Required now to mitigate risk to Fennec Native 14. approval-mozilla-central should now be available for nominations. More details about the daily triage to come on dev-planning.
- Major Update prompts (with security messaging) to FF11 from 3.6.13-28 will start or tomorrow
- Testing of the add-on hotfix to communicate the FF13 de-support will occur no later than Thursday 4/19 with our FF12 beta audience (bug 741004)
- Beta 6 will be going to build this afternoon PT (if the backout in bug 734019 is verified to fix bug 745453)
- FF12 sign-offs tomorrow at 1PM PT in Warp Core
- Final build of FF12 and ESR10.0.4 will happen this coming Friday (4/20)
- Next merge day is 4/24
- bug 725408, bug 739636, bug 731541: Much of the initial work for Desktop webapps installation support has landed or is very close to landing on trunk - ongoing efforts by Myk, felipe, bsmedberg, Dan Walkowski, Tim Abraldes and others
- bug 741004: Matthew Noorenberghe is working on a hotfix add-on that will notify users of Windows 2000 (and pre-SP3 XP) that we're dropping support for their OS in Firefox 13
- bug 710259: Mano has landed the new Safari profile migrator (JS!)
- bug 744152: Tim Taubert tweaked page thumbnails capturing code to reduce performance impact on e.g. tab switching
- volunteer contributor OHZEKI Tetsuharu has written several cleanup patches for the front-end (bug 745445, bug 745524, bug 745525))
Firefox Developer Tools
- Pseudo Class Lock UI landed bug 733612
- Prep for Firefox Workweek
Nothing to report this week
- Telemetry is currently offline, should be back online by EOD Wed.
- Snappy weekly summary
- Working on a number of areas including
- Tim addresseing thumbnail capture slowness (bug 744388, bug 742594, bug 726347)
- Paolo is switching code away from synchronous places APIs (bug 728168, bug 728714, bug 728142, bug 739213)
- networking team is expected to make a decision this week on how to fix the big networking cache lock. See Nick’s notes on options presented.
- tree is approval-only until we uplift to aurora (see https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/mozilla.dev.planning/tWR6imIDKnM)
- Several big changes expected to land this week
- eglImage for texture upload bug 730718
- ShadowableTileLayer bug 739679
- retained layers bug 745177
- All XUL migration patches have either landed or have r+ and will land soon.
- Crashes down to 17 per 100 ADUs
- hg successfully migrated to new datacentre last week. Hopefully faster now! Please let IT or RelEng know if you run into problems.
|Date / Time||Item|
|Mon Apr 16 / 13:00 PST||NONE|
|Wed Apr 18 / 13:00 PST||New Identity Box Design|
|Thu Apr 19 / 10:00 PST||Identity Project BigTent|
|Fri Apr 20 / 10:00 AM PST||Nightly updates PHP script for Lightning|
General Meeting Details * IRC Channel: #security * Etherpad: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/secreview * Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=5XEMsG1ApA4b (Room 9058) * Dial-in Info (phone): ** In office or soft phone: extension 92 ** US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 ** Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 ** Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 ** Conference num 99058
For updates to meetings please see the Security Review Calendar
- HTML: https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Security%20Review.html
- .ics: https://email@example.com/Security%20Review
Bugs marked sec-review-needed that need to be scheduled
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Due to metrics infrastructure data center move on Tues, the crash rate in Socorro will show as 0 Tues and possibly Wed.
- Some of the explosive reports may not work as well.
- The top crash lists will be there and this doesn't affect the collection of any crash data.
- Minor release Wed, fixes nightly build reports for Android - bugs in this release
- Mostly focused on issues for FF12 - http://bit.ly/xNqZhl.
- Some new issues cropped up that span multiple versions.
- bug 744779 - Spiking crash with 11.3 veresion. Reprocessing crashes after we uploaded the symbols. Get Ted/Ben to document this process and train others to do this. https://intranet.mozilla.org/Flash_Player_Symbols.
- bug 745784 - Crash in npswf32_11_2_202_233 - Another new version of 11.2. Causing a spike in crash.
- bug 744992 - Bug in web.de toolbar. Affecting all FF versions. Engaged with web.de. They are not going to push out that version of the add-on. It's a startup crash.
- New problems in FF12b5
- bug 745453 - New spike to b5. Correlated to Norton Confidential 2012.
- Crash rate down yesterday at 17.23 crashes per 100/ADU.
Top crashes over last 3 days on 14.0a1 - https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrasher/byversion/FennecAndroid/14.0a1/3/browser
- Note: Graph is a capture from 2012/04/16 at 11:09 AM PDT for a 3 day period
The following are crashes that do not have fixes from the Top Crash List
- - bug 738198 - dvmAsmInstructionStart - Plugin issue (Reopened; still crashes occurring)
- - bug 737128 - mozilla::gl::GLContextEGL::ReleaseSurface
- - bug 730890 - libdvm.so@<address> - (backed out)
- - bug 731286 - libflashplayer.so@0x157bbe - Assume we can't do anything here.
- - bug 745243 - JNI_GetCreatedJavaVMs
Other Socorro work listed in the Mobile Dev Meeting Notes