From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes May-16-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • Eric Wei (Xiao Meng) - summer Fennec QA intern from Waterloo! [kbrosnan is mentoring]
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
    • item

Travel / PTO

  • mbrandt - PTO 05/18 then working remote for 6-weeks. Will be in MV for June 11th Stability Workweek

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • Firefox 13.0b4 going to build today, targeting Friday morning sign-off
    • Team has been working on a plan to QA rapid betas (ie. nightlies) -- still in draft form but would appreciate feedback
    • Discussion on dev.planning about decoupling channel merges from releases by doing migrations one day early
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • no change this week
  • Stability (marcia)
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • Working on a plan to integrate automation with an automated hand-off between Releng and QA for releases
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • With sync decoupled from SITB. We're moving ahead with solution for Username/Password signup/device adding
    • also going to eventually change Sync service to accommodate backup.
    • Will begin porting Sync cases to Moztrap now that it is back up in production.
  • App WebRT (David/Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Mobile web compatibility testing - Crowd-sourced app analysis here
      • Bug triaging for web runtime bugs for desktop
      • Google App Analysis on mobile - See bugs linked to bug 668288
      • Tracking user feedback and apps reviews to log bugs for desktop webRT
    • What's next?
      • On-going testing support for desktop web runtime (e.g. address qawanted bugs, verify fixed bugs, exploratory testing)
      • Get traction on mobile web compatibility problems to applicable partners
      • Complete smoke tests for desktop web runtime in MozTrap
      • Finish automation specification for desktop web runtime
      • Draft test plan for AITC Desktop Client
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • (ashughes) Working with Panagiotis Tsalaportas (ie. Panos) and Brandon Bolton to help with Beta bug triage
      • Panos been an active QMO member for almost a year and also help the team with Wiki Wednesdays
      • Brandon is a completely new contributor

Mobile (Tony)

  • Highlights
    • Beta 1 shipped! Awesome teamwork. now go download and bug the heck out of it
    • Beta Testday this friday! Please help with moderator list
    • B2G workweek highlights: weekly builds coming this week, marionette now supports straight javascript tests, collaborated a testplan for all features with Mozilla/ Telefonica
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • Attended workweek in San Diego, had some great results re: planning and incubation.
    • Weekly tagged builds from CI due to start this week
    • Marionette developers have enhanced it for end-to-end Javascript tests. Will be adopting that for Web API testing on B2G.
    • Telefonica and Mozilla QA worked together to do black box analysis and joint test planning.
    • Test planning for Web API/Gecko testing in progress. Currently performing test inventory and gap analysis.
    • B2G build system has shifted over to new process. QA is vetting new process and writing up community instructions.
  • Pancake (nhirata)
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jbonacci)

  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm): Sync Server
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm): BrowserID
    • Train 27: Bug 754877 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.05.14 to production
    • Testing BigTent
    • Testing l10n server
    • Q2 test planning for the following - Persona Beta:
      • Updated API, UI flow, RP, Keywrapping
      • VinzClortho (
      • KPI
    • QA Automation :
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • none at this time
  • Hiring and Training
    • a work in progress

Web (Stephen)

Community (Marcia)

  • Video Work
  • (Raymond):
    • no updates this week
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • With the Mozmill 1.5.12 release we accidentally dropped support for Firefox 3.6. As long as no-one blames for it we are not going to spent any more time on this branch.
  • Work week in London is coming up next week
    • We will hack on Mozmill 2.0, and the automation scripts including Mozbase
    • We will discuss and start documenting the process when manual and Mozmill tests are required
    • We will work on getting the ESX cluster setup for a production Mozmill CI system


  • Mozmill Tests
    • Please see Henrik's blog post how we want to manage Mozmill tests
    • We are down with all failures (a single one still exists and will be killed soon) and have started to re-enable skipped tests.
  • Mozmill CI
    • Dave's work for pre-fetching remote hg repositories and email notifications for build status will be on production in a couple of minutes
    • Henrik works on getting the Default to Compatible tests run in Mozmill CI for beta builds
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • MozTrap moving to production at 1:30 today!
  • Rebecca creating selenium tests to cover system-level scenarios and javascript functionality
  • 1.1 features still underway
Community Members Onboarding
  • item

Basecamp & Kilimanjaro Roundtable Discussion Items

  • k9o Feature Ownership
    • Do you own a k9o or basecamp item?
    • Do you know how your projects if your projects tie into k9o or basecamp?
  • Public product draft for basecamp - Target date for completion?
    • Note: Need to schedule testing sprint once it's finalized
  • Reminder: Nominating bugs for k9o - examples that need nominations
    • AITC Server
    • Web API
    • Game and Media App Perf
    • B2G
  • k9o Test Cases in MozTrap
    • Does your test case apply to k9o? Tag it with k9o!
    • Especially important for k9o test case centralization
  • k9o Open Questions

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Community meeting agenda
  • Rapid Betas: current timeline is July 17th for the first Rapid Beta, how do people feel about that?
    • is the timeline too aggressive?
    • can/should we dedicate resources even though B2G/k9o are our priorities?
    • can we "flip the switch" without lowering the quality bar?

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Add notes here

Last Meeting

  • Action Items