- 1 QA Staff Meeting Notes Dec 07, 2011
- 1.1 Meeting Details
- 1.2 QA Org Items
- 1.3 Discussion Items
- 1.4 QA Team Updates
- 1.5 Notes, Takeaways and Action Items
QA Staff Meeting Notes Dec 07, 2011
# Every other Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core # # Vidyo: (MAYBE) https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=UK1zyrd7Vhym # Phone: +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (or #245) (US/INTL) # +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (or #245) (US Toll Free) # +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (or #245)(Canada) # IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#qa
QA Org Items
- New Hires
- Upcoming Events
- Alberto Savoia Tues 12/13/11 - Pretotyping: Make Sure you are building the right 'it' before you build it right
- Socorro Testday - Friday Dec 9th - need moderators
- Stephen presenting a brownbag tomorrow at 1:30 in 10-Forward on "How WebQA responds to, plans for, and executes on new projects"
- We need to get a sense of who is available during the holidays for possible issues with Firefox releases. Please be sure to fill the QA PTO calendar this week.
- Q4 Goals
- 2012 Q1 Goals
- QA Q1 2012 Goals
- I would like to have the org and team level goals defined before holiday break
- Dependency on BHAGs
- Team draft bhags and Q1 goals by Mon Dec 12.
- Survey of Bhags sent Thurs Dec 15.
- Survey closed Mon Dec 19.
- Presentation of Bhags @ staff Dec 21.
- Final post on 2012 QA Bhags Thurs Dec 22.
QA Team Updates
Desktop Firefox (Juan, Anthony)
- Firefox 9 (test plan)
- Bug fix verifications: QA+
- Will be released on Dec 20th as manual update only, automatic updates turned on when we return from holidays
- Weekly Stability Report
- Currently tracking some Mac Socorro issues:
- Silent Update
- Add-ons default to compatible shipping with Firefox 10
- contact Virgil Dicu @ Softvision if you want to help test
- Bypassing the Windows UAC dialog shipping with Firefox 11, landing this week
- contact Simona Badau @ Softvision if you want to help test
- Background Updates shipping with Firefox 12 (too risky to ship with Firefox 10)
Browser Technologies (Tony)
- Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm)
- No deployment activity last week or this week
- An Account Portal deployment is planned for the next couple of weeks (after the big push for BrowerID Prod is over).
- Ongoing issues with PHX1 colo.
- BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm)
- BrowserID Work Week this week
- Train 14: Bug 703596 is out to Production
- Train 15: Bug 707186 is in progress and due to be signed off today.
- The build-out of Stage (QA) and Dev environments is mostly done. The build-out of Production is still in progress. The build-out of the Test/CI environment (for Dev nightlies and QA automation) is planned for later in December
- REF: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/BrowserID/OPsBuildOut
- Pancake (nhirata)
- working on selenium 2 for browser id, concept for pancake
- addon testing done, blocked by stopper bug of updating. need to test new addon that has fix.
- completed switch from Selenium-RC to Selenium Webdriver
- Build of tests against production is running
- Apps developer preview will be pushed live Tuesday December 13 once we get all the blockers fixed. Code freeze tomorrow (8th).
- Dave Hunt's pull has firmly brought Webdriver to Input, pull/102
- shipped 4.9 yesterday
- This week's release is on hold until IT has time
- Soccorro work week this week.
- Socorro test day this Friday
- 11/29 release went out
- 12/6 release going out 12/8 due to instability issues
- 12/13 release being worked on
- Softvision meetup in Cluj today Dec 7!
- Community BHAGs
- Discussion at last community meeting around the following Community BHAG goal:
- Continuous participation which allows community to join all disciplines of QA
- Notes from last meeting: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/QA_Community/Meetings/2011-11-30#Action_items.2FNotes_from_.2820111130.29_meeting
- Discussion at last community meeting around the following Community BHAG goal:
- Video Work
- No current projects in progress ATM
- QMO.next (Al):
- Vimeo linking is busted on Media. Craig Cook and I are investigating but we may be switching to a different Vimeo plugin. If we do, we'll need to add links to the page for new videos when we upload them to vimeo.
- Community Exit Survey (ashughes):
- draft sent around earlier this week
- received a lot of great feedback so far
- final revisions will be sent around later this week
QA Automation Service (Henrik, David)
- Mozmill 1.5.7 has been released to fix resource issue (defunct process) on Mac
- Selenium 2.15 will be released tomorrow
- Prototype of a Fennec Driver (DavidB)
- RoboCop is being touched up and will be landed soon! Details in Bug 701076
- New Members and Mentors Pages
- Geo has started work on this, starting with our Documentation Tree design
- Also have a project page (content TBD) for QMO Landing Pages
- CI system for On-Demand Testing (Geo, Dave Hunt)
- Had a successful demo on 12/3
- Currently getting docs together for a trial rollout in parallel to current system.
- CI system for daily and l10n Firefox Builds (Henrik)
- Project pages have been created and tests are ongoing which triggering mechanism to use
- Selenium Grid (DavidB/DaveH)
- WebQA is working with the currently released version. There appears to be no issues that we were seeing. Currently is still in a branch so we can easily switch.
- Work progressing on move to Django-to-DB
- Working on dogfooding and testing current 0.7 release
- In contact with Ubuntu QA. They are interested in Beta testing and using Case Conductor
- Apps dev preview on Tuesday December 13 and code freeze tomorrow
- Soup Application has a new owner
- Harald Kirschner
Notes, Takeaways and Action Items
Moz QA Dec 7, 2011 - Email back; try to get back in synch now - IT situation : they did shutoff updates to 3.6 - phoenix had issues with network traffic load - yammer been source of updates - haven't turned on imap yet. - exchange is started up; imap is specifically turned off - Have they heard anything about how this could not happen again? - month of a half of losing mail and people using it as a way to task drive - rational is to they were preparing for redundancy due in feb - we grew out of the capcity of the noc - ran out of power/space - last oct 21st. - the details will come out; why it happened and never to have this happen again - thank you for your patience and understanding - no new hires - Mohamed will be leaving next friday - Alberto Savoia Tues 12/13/11 (director at google) : test is dead - serial entripeuner innovation agitator - pretotyping : brown bag at 12 next tuesday - air mozilla - friday socorro test day: Matt Brandt - alan in romania organized it; thanks! - sign in/moderate/test - webapps testing testday w/ this? - QA newsletter; suppose to go out this week? - didn't get a chance to communicate it out since email was down - things from team leads; maybe a good section on web apis with the newsletter - web apis are on going; if we don't test now, plenty to test later - did get a few, some were dups. - some tests from web blogs - test day from the first day of the year? test day doesn't need to be on a friday - we can concentrate on another day as well - traditioanlly friday; worried that we might not get the normal amount of people - PTOs : hopefully less disruptions; fill out the QA PTO calendar this week please so that we know everyone's availablitiy; emergency basis. - release date is still dec. 20th; do not think that this will change - risk that there may be a 9.0.1 - Brown Bag in 10 forward by sdonner : in wiki - any team level goals at risk : please let mevans know - update quarterlys. - update personal goals as well - Q1 goals : - blank template ready to be filled in - dependency on BHAG discussions - some tracking etherpads with link in there. - org level and team level are in etherpads. - working with team leads to get the BHAGs into both the areas and the language - there is a time line in the wiki as well as the etherpads. - by monday dec. 12; all the teams should have good draft BHAGs as well as Q1 goals - in terms of team level; sub set of them support the BHAGs. - called draft for a reason - important to get through BHAGs - we can talk about goals that support BHAGs. - by thursday : have some survey to ahve proposed list; need to whiddle this down - 5 to 10 that would be spread across the QA org - the first set is going to be in the order of 20 - part of the survey (maybe monkey? maybe +1 voting?) due dec 15th. - following monday closing the survey - final draft due wed 21. presentation - blog post that will identify the QA BHAGs - appreciate the concentration on getting the BHAGs done - any feedback? suggestions? - BHAGs: the list in front .. what should we concentrate on? - do they understand what BHAGs are? - team leads? where do we want to go with this? - understand that they are the direction for the tactical smaller goals - community ones are concern to everyone - not currently concerned about cross team; devising or what not for other teams - Automation : BHAGs helped... had brainstorm with matt. make it clear how to structure BHAGs to make goals - how are BHAGs different from goals; had needed to clarify that - BHAGs are more vision statements than really specific - time frame is one year - isn't a hard and fast rule. - were we want to see the team be, feel like, impact, something to strive for by a year's time - stretch goals - a lot of these are things that we are doing small parts of it, but we haven't realized that it was ... - we could potentially fit them into a BHAG in terms of the direction that we're going - pushing on a lot of fronts; we need to articulate where the end process or end goal is - either solid work that is going this way or how we're doing - big dreamer hat + pragmatic hat. The vision/End strategic goal with Quarterly practical/pragmatic hat - BHAGs to guide us in where we want to go - BHAGs are not imbedded; have to be agile, have to change; modify on a quarterly basis - make sure that they are leading us in the right direction - great wisdom could be achieved by not necessary going that way after identifying it - "Success can be measured by what you choose not to do" - How does our life become better by doing this? - need to have group concensus - something is coming out of about 3 of these... something exciting, compelling - this could be modified; when we get to a certain area - crisper, cleaner;.... excitement - "Stay hungry; Stay foolish" - Updates: - Firefox - verifications w/ qa+; hard to hear ashughes : see wiki - anything blocking w/ security fixes? things seem fine? - BT : - mobile : central should have birch builds. seems ok - starting today : fennec nightlies have native - native project : feature complete Dec. 20th ; same as ffx9 shipping - feature frozen; should be able to test and they should be in bug fixing mode - Sync : sync for android; native app bundled with native, quiet for trains - Browser ID : production push for thursday. likely to be push by a week due to outages - between now and next week, they will go live - point to staging as it's close to production : browserid backwards - Automation : Marlena, Zack + Naoki to get selenium 2 for Browserid - web driver : switching to selenium RC to selenium 2... apps meeting next monday - new web driver test next monday in the apps meeting - WebQA: - same thing: browser id test on amo - selenium repro : page object model - streamline, so we don't have code dup. - web driver is on amo and input - QMO test - test day for this week - closing in on goals : BHAG brainstorming tomorrow - Community - in the wiki - team meeting about BHAGs : sumary of meeting notes - community BHAGs potential - QA Auto Services - Robocop some times next week - Native UI framework - they like web driver api - successful demo for CI system testing - how can we play around with Robocop - can apply patch and build it up - demo next staff? possibly; test is in the patch - minor sweeps need to be done - Case conductor - working on the transition Django-to-DB - test writing and test execution on the dogfooding - memcached is down - Ubuntu QA wants to use Case Conductor - BHAGs ... there will be something around Case Conductor - strategic; retiring of litmus and case conductor being the solution - OWA - Next week : dev preview release for thursday - The addons flow and apps preview site : buy apps to some degree - test day went well; bunch of bugs files - moving forward with projects, trying to get done before the end of the year Action items : * everyone : fill out PTOs * jhammink : set up test day for some time around the first of the year for web apis * everyone : BHAGs, Q1 team goals, personal goals * ashughes : driving verifications for FFX9
- everyone : fill out PTOs
- jhammink : set up test day for some time around the first of the year for web apis
- everyone : BHAGs, Q1 team goals, personal goals
- ashughes : driving verifications for FFX9