From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

December 12, 2012

Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core

# Vidyo:
     Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

   New Hires & Interviews 
   Several interviews are happening this week for QA services roles
   Talking to HR about improving the "Interview Prep" that occurs before we interview candidates on site
   Liz Henry started this week as Bugmaster! She is based out of SF
   "lizzard," in IRC
   Cornel Ionce, Bogdan Maris and Alexandra Lucinet have joined the Desktop Softvision team
   Andrei has joined Web QA to help backfill Bebe's leadership on helping with B2G automation (Gaia smoketests)
   Upcoming Events/Conferences 

Travel / PTO

   Geo on PTO 12/17-1/1, back 1/2.
   kbrosnan EDT 12/18 - 12/31
   bmoss at offsite and back in office on Friday
   tchung in Madrid
   stephend 12/16/ - 12/21
   Please add PTO days to the Gmail calendar

QA Team Updates Desktop (Juan)

   Per-window Private Browsing is now in Nightly
   Multi-provider Social API support is now in Nightly
   ESR (ashughes) 
   Stability (marcia)
   We were missing Flash symbols for 11.6, but we should have them now
   Automation (ashughes)
   Sync Client (Tracy) 
   no client Sync train

Mobile (Tony)

   Fennec (Kevin/Aaron) 
    Stability (nhirata)
   Announcements (Tracy)
   In testing, but Client Dev and Server Dev are sorting out some implementation issues.  Problems I am currently seeing are time based, which should be fixed on the server.   Client code can't land on 18beta at this time.  We're cutting this too close and server dev has been slow to respond.
   B2G (Geo/jhammink)
   Geo on PTO from 12/17-1/1 (back 1/2)
   PoC for Mochitest Triage is mwargers
   PoC for Mochitest Framework and general automation concerns is dclarke
   PoC for Permissions testing is ptheriault
   Mad props to mwargers re: an extremely successful mochitest triage  successfully passed try-server. Adds 32000 legacy mochitests across 337  files from /layout  to b2g run. Want to run on cedar for a bit, then  move into m-c when demonstrably solid.  adds 55000 mochitests from /content across 590 files, however, didn't  pass try-server. Paring down list to eliminate rest of failures and then  will get moved into cedar, m-c.
   Will be running triage script across /dom over next week or so. Goal is  to get all these in (along with anything found in /dom) by EOY.
   Thanks to dclarke, mochitest auto-permissions are landing: This should enable a bunch more tests. Also should fix most of the  work done on API smoketests previously that got derailed by perms  issues.
   Working on getting revised End to End testing
   Working on completion of Gaia UI automated tests on device
   Starting the full first time run on the B2G v1.0 TestRun after revision
   Verify Gaia and B2G fixed bugs
   Continue working with UX team & UXbranch
   Continue working with SUMO & Feedbacks
   App install test plan is defined with many MozTrap test cases defined
   Preloaded apps test definition is getting a bit clearer - met together to talk about it
   Trying to sign off on the identity pref on
   Vetting Moztrap Gaia testcase results from QAnalysts; trying to fix test areas.  Our schedule:
   Friday,  Dec 14th - complete all testcases, fixing/modifying/ importing;  complete 
   Friday, Dec 28th - complete a full first time run on the B2G v1.0 TestRun.  
   Jan 14th - verify Gaia and B2G fixed bugs
   Daily  Smoketest - we are getting TEF and Qanalysts (testing  outsource)  the  possibility to run the daily smoketests (they either  need rights  to the builds, or  manifests). 
   Stability (nhirata)
   bug 817946 - We seem to corrupt memory somewhere, which leads to pretty useless stacks in crash reports
   Apps (Jason) 
   App install test plan is specified, somewhat in MozTrap -
   Identity test plan in progress for b2g on device -
   Exploratory testing on app flows on b2g
   Tried to do a signoff to pref on identity - but signoff failed due a release coordination problem
   Community Members Onboarding

Services (jrgm)

   Sync Server (jrgm) -
   BrowserID (jrgm) -
   still working on train-2012.11.23
   a release on Monday worked with most other RPs, but not bugzilla (5 logins affected, 4 of them me; we rolled back very quickly). There is a hotfix so we will try again this week.
   bigtent train-2012.12.07 has landed and branched
   working with jsmith w.r.t. b2g
   there is an ops maintenance window today Wednesday at 2pm (and I may step out of this meeting).
   Hiring and Training 
   interview this week, interview this Friday, and another next week

Web (Stephen)

   Release planned for next Monday
   B2G/Gaia testing: 
   currently working with the a-team to figure out why our run in CI is failing very early - Marionette not properly starting tests and switching to frame (regression: 12/09) should be fixed now, which was our blocker, before 
   Monday/Tuesday lost due to bad builds
   Some existing tests have been strengthened and made more reliable
   Small amount of new coverage but nothing of High priority unfortunately due to various upstream blockers
   no updates
   Engagement Projects 
   Firefox Flicks planning release for Jan
   Firefox Marketplace going live 12/13 
   working on testing and pushing a replacement Django-fied all.html page
   no updates
   pushed a bunch of changes live to production today
   just pushed the WordPress 3.5 upgrade to production
   filed a bug to get Google Analytics on QMO
   Milestone 30 slated to be released: 2012-12-12;target_milestone=30;product=Socorro;list_id=5201761
   Community Members Onboarding

Community (Marcia)

   Upcoming Events 
   Grow Mozilla meeting tomorrow: is an new initiative using video
   Testdays (ashughes) (davehunt)
   [tentative] Firefox 18 Beta / Per-window Private Browsing next week (juanb)
   Video Work
   No report this week (Raymond)
   Community Members Onboarding

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave, Rob)

   Welcome Mario from Softvision
   Firefox OS Testday on Friday (as noted above)
   Gaia UI (Dave)
    Blocker: bug 819809 - Marionette not properly starting tests and switching to frame (regression: 12/09) 
    Marked tests appropriately when they require a local area  network (rather than wifi specifically) to allow such tests to run on  B2G desktop and panda boards 
    Test stability improvements, with more in progress 
    FM Radio test landed 
   WebAPI (Rob)
    Submitted updated patch for WebProximitySensor tests (bug 811583) 
    Submitted patch for tests (bug 811580) 
    Dave submitted patch for battery charging status (bug 805452) 
    Test reviews for our tests and reviews of some test changes by development 
    Patch coming today for Screen Orientation API test (bug 813777) 
   WebRTC (Henrik)
    Leaking mochitests have been enabled on the Alder branch 
    Working on the initial basic video peer connection test caused a lot of extra work due to crashes and unexpected behavior. 
    I'm going to simply transform the manual tests from as first step (those should be proven to work) 
    We now have where first mochitests will land until they are ready for final review 
   MozTrap (Cameron)
   Version 1.3.1 pushed out yesterday
   Demo of some new features
   Community Members Onboarding 

Basecamp Roundtable/Discussion Items

   Which builds should we be using on our Unagi devices?
   Please see marcia's email to qa-staff
   Please report crashes using these instructions:
   Releng asked us how long we want to keep the files for and also which files in regards to bug#819543. 
   1) is there any other files we need from that directory? 
   AFAIK: we need the unagi/otoro images.  log files are on buildbot, and  the symbols can be taken from the symbol server.  Does anyone else need  any of the other files? 
   2) How long do we need to keep the files? 
   At least a 6 week window is needed (between the gecko builds). I would  reasonably optimistically hope for 6 months, but prob 3 months is more  realistically reasonable.   Does anyone else have a better idea? 

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

   [camd] - MozTrap demo:
   I wanted to give a 5-10 minute demo of a couple new MozTrap features
   markdown support in test runs for links, etc.
   shareable links
   PREVIEW: pinned / sticky filters
   UPCOMING: tags with markdown for prerequisites, etc.
   Can I ask we add the addon to the site to make the links shortner - it will be for sharing them - satdav
   Can I suggest we add (BrowserID) persona as their is all ready a wordpress plugin
   the site has had a push today - with some accessibility links - they are darker now the orange and the blue links also the top bar has been fixed a bit

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items

   Can we have a URL shortener for MozTrap?
   Action Items - Add QMO 
   Can I ask we add the addon to the site to make the links shortner - it will be for sharing them - satdav
   Can I suggest we add (BrowserID) persona as their is all ready a wordpress plugin
   Last Meeting 
   Action Items 

Template for this document is here: