QA/Team Meeting/QA Team Meeting-2015-03-18
- 1 Mozilla QA Meeting March 18, 2015
- 1.1 Lead / Scribe
- 1.2 Actions From Last Week
- 1.3 Deadlines and Schedules
- 1.4 Discussion & Updates for Team
- 1.5 Lightning Talk
- 1.6 Contributors
- 1.7 Quarter Goals
- 1.8 Action Items and notes from the meeting
- 1.9 Travel / PTO (Read Only)
- 1.10 Next Meeting's Lead/Scribe
Mozilla QA Meeting March 18, 2015
# Every other Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Room: QA # # Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=0HHQN7SSNIkAxuJq04fq7uZk6J8 # Phone: +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99456 (US/INTL) # +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99456 (US Toll Free) # +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99456 (Canada) # IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#qa
Template available at: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Team_Meeting/QA_Team_Template
Lead / Scribe
- Lead: Stephen Donner
- Scribe: Parul Mathur
Actions From Last Week
Deadlines and Schedules
|Next Merge: October 17, 2022||Next Release: October 18, 2022|
|Central: 107||Aurora: 54||Beta: 106||Release: 105|
Other Notable Dates/Events (Read Only)
Discussion & Updates for Team
- Pick a notetaker for our notepad
- For Reading List, please add your team's test plan link/main QA contact to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/2015#Quality_Test_Plans
- Interested in writing Swift UI tests for Firefox for iOS? Ping Aaron
- QA T-shirt design contest launched https://quality.mozilla.org/2015/03/design-a-t-shirt-for-mozilla-qa/
- Bay Area QA Meetup group can be rewewed, cost will be $14.99 per month
- [Bhavana] FXOS V3.0 Architecture proposal : https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Architecture_Proposal
- https://vreplay.mozilla.com/replay/showRecordDetails.html?recId=1716 (Recent recording from gaia meeting)
- Plan is being developed for Q2 and beyond at the request of bsmedberg
- Lots of interest in One and Done as a vehicle to drive community
- If there are tools that we want to improve, we may have a good chance to get some resouces
- QA Champions team is rethinking the Friday meetings and created an etherpad to solicit feedback about the effectiveness of the meeting and how frequently to have it
- marcia still coordinating Flame deployment with Diane Tate - please contact me if you have contributors who need Flame devices
- We also have some older ZTE devices that were recently discovered that might be good for a classroom project
- Lightning talk list
- Maja Frydrychowicz (irc: maja_zf): video-playback-test automation
New Contributor Spotlight
These are new contributors, if you see them around, say hello
Contributor Honor Roll
For those that went above and beyond this week, we salute you here.
- Manel Rhaiem https://quality.mozilla.org/2015/03/manel-rhaiem-enthusiastic-curious-and-willing-to-give-and-share/
- Monthly Review: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Goals/2015q1
- In-meeting review first meeting of every month
Action Items and notes from the meeting
(Please bold action items. We will take notes on this etherpad)
- Most teams have a reading list that is shipping in the spring version of Firefox.
- [Action Item] Please link your team's Test Plan for the Reading List. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/2015#Quality_Test_Plans
- Bay Area QA Meetup group will be renewed. Stephen Donner will do 2 meetups in the year, the Firefox OS team might do one, and the Services team might do some in Q3.
- FxOS v3 design details given by Bhavana.
- Community Champions meeting might get merged into QA meeting as its second half.
- Community Plan is being developed for Q2 and beyond at the request of bsmedberg
- [Action Item] Marcia to circulate her etherpad for the team to contribute ideas for implementation in Q2.
- Lightning Talk by Maja Frydrychowicz (irc: maja_zf). video-playback-test automation of EME in Firefox (HTML5 video support for YouTube videos in Firefox) https://wiki.mozilla.org/Auto-tools/Projects/Platform_Quality
- Thank you to Manel Rhaiem for her contribution to Mozilla.
- Discussion on goals for Q2 should have started within individual teams. Shared goals need a lot more discussion and coordination, and may be difficult because of re-orgs. There will be a goal about One and Done in Q2 for sure.
- Work Week in June 2015 at Whistler, Canada
- [Action Item] Team members need to make a shortlist of community members they would like to invite.
- [Action Item] We need to think about the amount of space and duration of meetings in the Work Week.
- This is the last meeting in Q1. Next meeting on April Fool's Day 2015.
- [Action Item] Please have less cruel jokes on this day.
- [Action Item] Karl Thiessen to lead the next meeting, with Stephen Donner as the scribe.
- Cat GIF is waaaay too busy.
- [Action Item] Please submit less busy GIFs next time.
Travel / PTO (Read Only)
- QA PTO Calendar (Google)
Next Meeting's Lead/Scribe
- Lead: Karl Thiessen
- Scribe: Stephen Donner