QA/Team Meeting/QA Team Meeting-2015-09-02

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Mozilla QA Meeting Wed 2015-09-02

# Every other Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Room: QA
#
# Vidyo:  https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=0HHQN7SSNIkAxuJq04fq7uZk6J8
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99456 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99456 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 99456 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#qa

Template available at: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Team_Meeting/QA_Team_Template

Lead / Scribe

  • Lead: Stephen
    • Lead is responsible for:
      • informing the Air Mozilla person in the Vidyo room when to start and stop recording
      • guiding the conversation according to the prepared agenda; eliciting questions and comments
      • handing off lead and scribe duties to a new volunteer for next meeting
  • Scribe: Karl
    • Scribe is responsible for:
      • adding the action items and takeaways to the current meeting's minutes
      • creating the agenda for the next meeting and carrying the action items and takeaways over to it
      • sending out a notice of the availability of that agenda along with the meeting invite
      • completing all of the above by the end of the week during which the meeting occurred

Actions From Last Week

Deadlines and Schedules

Next Merge: December 2, 2019 Next Release: December 3, 2019
Trains
Central: 72 Aurora: 54 Beta: 71 Release: 70.0

Other Notable Dates/Events (Read Only)

Discussion & Updates for Team

  • Pick a notetaker for our notepad
  • Web QA - South Bay Selenium Meetup on Wed. September 16th, 6:30pm in the Mountain View Mozilla office, on "Mozilla Web QA: (re)volution of our WebDriver-based Python-testing framework"
  • Mission Statement - connect with the person you were paired with. If you have questions, thoughts, or concerns please reach out to mbrandt or ashughes
  • "[...] RyanVM is leaving the Sheriff Team to he will be leading a new quality team as part of the Firefox org. So its his last week as Sheriff this week." (from mozilla.dev.platform)
  • [maja_zf] Ideas about meeting format

Lightning Talk

Contributors

New Contributor Spotlight

These are new contributors, if you see them around, say hello

Contributor Honor Roll

For those that went above and beyond this week, we salute you here.

Community

  • Global Participation Gatherings - Leadership Summit, MozFest and Work Week
  • TechWomen
    • Several members of the QA team will be mentoring participants in TechWomen for several weeks in October, in the Mt. View and SF offices. Please feel free to stop by and say hello if you are in those offices.
  • l10n/QA Joint FxOS Hackathon
    • Applications are closed and are in the process of being reviewed

Quarterly Goals

Action Items and notes from the meeting

  • Please bold action items.
  • We will take notes on this etherpad
  • [stephend] - invite RyanVM to the QA team meetings
    • done!
  • [stephend] - rename "Lightning talks" (back) to "Show and tell" (maybe 3-10 minutes?)), keep the historical list, and we can re-tool the future of the list through the end of the year
    • done!
  • [stephend - kick-start Orlando work-week QA-team discussion topics on the mailing list

Travel / PTO (Read Only)

Kittens

Kitten, fox, or other cute animal gif of the week: http://i.imgur.com/Z17FKc5.gifv

gent-snake.gif

Next Meeting's Lead/Scribe

  • Lead: Stuart
  • Scribe: Stephen